cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffen Fifth wheel Vilano

skyl8dy
Explorer
Explorer
Tiffen has entered the Fifth Wheel market and we cant say enough about the quality of it! Honestly, we feel like it is a condo on wheels.....thank you Tiffen family for giving us this luxurious motorhome!
36 REPLIES 36

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
Just put money down today on a 2019 VL 320. Final cut came down to GD Solitude, Montana, and VL. Cabinetry, and other items (including customer service and satisfaction) kept pulling us back to VL. Specโ€™d out as we wanted, now just beginning the long wait to get it built...
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

CarolynandBob
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone is looking to buy a Vilano and can wait a week. (no I am not selling mine) I will be able to provide some insight.
2017 Vilano 375FL (Bob's Cabin Carolyn's Beach House)
2017 F350 Dually 4x4
8 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle
8 Year old Boxer/Greyhound

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
missourijan wrote:
I didn't see any other comment like this, this company is not Tiffen. While it was started by a son of Tiffen, there is no connection to the Tiffen company. Separate entity.

The following is a cut/paste from the manufacturers website. Looks to me like it is a new company formed by previous folks involved with Tiffin RV and is just a short distance away from the parent Tiffin factory. The above comment is probably correct - other than the spelling of the name.:)
Barney

Manu-Facts:

Vanleigh RV is nestled in the southeastern part of the United States just about 30 miles west of Red Bay, Alabama, in a place called Burnsville, MS. With over 40 years of RV manufacturing experience the Vanleigh team is hard at work well before dawn each morning to bring you the best built product in the marketplace.

You can be assured of receiving top quality knowing that each new coach produced by Vanleigh RV has been built with a purpose using the best materials, supplies, and methods of production. Each has had a detailed PDI performed with full hook-ups on a dedicated camp site at their facility, and know that Vanleigh RV will be readily available for assistance to you before, during, and after your purchase. Vanleigh RV will also provide retail dealers with timely technical support, as well as continuing the legacy for great customer service that their family has been known for and done for over 40 years of RV manufacturing.

General manager Leigh Tiffin, along with his grandfather Bob Tiffin, and father Van Tiffin, appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't see any other comment like this, this company is not Tiffen. While it was started by a son of Tiffen, there is no connection to the Tiffen company. Separate entity.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
2 winter ago we had a neighbor with a brand new Vanleigh . Had a warranty issue on the trip to Az so stopped in Tucson for the fix. We didn't sell this unit so we don't fix it. Hope that has changed.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Robin1953 wrote:
justme wrote:
CCC is a problem. If the frame is strong enough it could use 8K axles. I know disk brakes are a factory option, but not the axles. The Vilano seems nicely built with a great company behind it and I hope they do something about the CCC. In that case I might consider one because I would carry more than plastic diner ware and paper plate ๐Ÿ™‚

I am having the same issue with the CCC. I am looking into the possibility of replacing my Solitude with a Vilano 369FB. Since I am full timing CCC has to be a consideration. My Solitude has a CCC of 3534# whereas the 369FB has 1900# of CCC. The local dealer doesn't stock the 369 so I would have to order one. There are a few options that I would like since I am ordering one which would reduce the 1900# as well. I have subsequently found out that there is a non-published option to go with 8000# axles versus the standard 7000# axles that according to the company rep that I have been in contact with would raise the CCC to 3900#. This is a $3,633 option.

They are a well built unit with solid wood cabinetry, facias, etc. as well as solid surface counter tops and even the dining table is made from the same material. It is a great looking unit but the CCC is a major concern for me. It is a hefty price to pay in the first place but then have to add an additional $3,600+ to make it full time compatible for me since like you I carry more than plastic dinnerware is sorta of a bitter pill.

I'd like to know if that $3,600 gets you more than just the 8k axles. You could likely buy a set of 8k axles and have them installed yourself, then sell off the 7k axles, and you'd be in for a =whole= lot less than $3,600, IMO.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Nice camper. Little pricey though. Odd location for the hot water tank?

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
goducks10 wrote:
Me Again wrote:
Come on, they build a 5th will that costs over a hundred grand and they can not put a rear cap on it? No way Jose'!

You get the rear cap if you get the Beacon version. Full body paint too.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2018-Vanleigh-Rv-Beacon-The--39-FBB-5000460609

Well for 128K you should!!! :B :B :B
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Come on, they build a 5th will that costs over a hundred grand and they can not put a rear cap on it? No way Jose'!

You get the rear cap if you get the Beacon version. Full body paint too.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2018-Vanleigh-Rv-Beacon-The--39-FBB-5000460609

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
Robin - why are you looking to replace your Solitude? Weโ€™re trying to get the trigger pulled on a VL 320 and looking at similar GD too...
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
justme wrote:
CCC is a problem. If the frame is strong enough it could use 8K axles. I know disk brakes are a factory option, but not the axles. The Vilano seems nicely built with a great company behind it and I hope they do something about the CCC. In that case I might consider one because I would carry more than plastic diner ware and paper plate ๐Ÿ™‚

I am having the same issue with the CCC. I am looking into the possibility of replacing my Solitude with a Vilano 369FB. Since I am full timing CCC has to be a consideration. My Solitude has a CCC of 3534# whereas the 369FB has 1900# of CCC. The local dealer doesn't stock the 369 so I would have to order one. There are a few options that I would like since I am ordering one which would reduce the 1900# as well. I have subsequently found out that there is a non-published option to go with 8000# axles versus the standard 7000# axles that according to the company rep that I have been in contact with would raise the CCC to 3900#. This is a $3,633 option.

They are a well built unit with solid wood cabinetry, facias, etc. as well as solid surface counter tops and even the dining table is made from the same material. It is a great looking unit but the CCC is a major concern for me. It is a hefty price to pay in the first place but then have to add an additional $3,600+ to make it full time compatible for me since like you I carry more than plastic dinnerware is sorta of a bitter pill.
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
"Whether it's kayaks one weekend or a 16 foot sand rail next, Vanleigh has a floor plan layout for all of your adventures."

This line is on their product page on the website. I guess you put the sand rail on the roof?

I still like it and would strongly consider their toy hauler if they do it in the future.

justme
Explorer
Explorer

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Saw the article in Trailer Life as well and the Vilano sure is a nice rig, but as mentioned above and in the article, CCC was woefully lacking for such a behemoth. On our TH we can carry well over 1K# of just fluids ( freshwater, onboard fuel station and generator tanks) when camping off the power grid for extended periods. Not sure if the Vilano has been modified since the article to increase carrying capacity, good to hear those that have them are enjoying their rigs. Here's hoping it delivers on all your expectations and then some.