cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Time to do a Jayco tour

AUWing
Explorer
Explorer
The weather's improving, We haven't taken a weekday off in too many months, Last word from the dealer was a March 5th build date for our new trailer . . . Hey, that's just a couple days ago. I think it's time to take a drive to Middlebury for a tour.

Consider this my out of office message for Monday :).
2014 Jayco 331RETS
Thermal Pane, Auto Level, Fireplace
2011 Silverado 2500HD EC Regular Box D'Max / Allison
Great wife and a good dog
4 REPLIES 4

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Returned from Middlebury a little bit ago. Wife and I went. Our son and his 11 month old son also went with us. Had a blast! Essenhause was fantastic! We did the family meal. Salad and apple sauce (for the baby) Deep fried chicken, roast beef, mashed potatoes, noodles, corn, bread, dressing, drinks and pie for desert! Had a second helping of the fried chicken, and refill on drinks. Oh my... so wonderful! and only $59.12 with tax for all 4 of us. (and we left a $10.00 dollar tip.) (you'll NEVER eat like this at McDonalds!) ... and all Amish style.

A couple observations: RV's are in transport again after this horrid winter and snow, as we saw bunches of them on the road. Manufacturer lots are filling up, as we saw several, which means new models are coming to dealerships soon! Dealership lots in the Middlebury area are full! And last, there's some really NICE looking campers hitting the sales floors this year. This must be the year everyone is getting away from the old "white" color to a tan color with black trim. Looks real nice, but all of them seem to be coming off the assembly lines like this now. But they sure are pretty!

rattleNsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
Essenhaus was fun last August when we visited the area. They have a car show every week, I believe it was a Thursday evening. Huge show with lots of everything to see. While your in the area, check out the RV Hall of Fame in Elkhart.
http://www.rvmhhalloffame.org/
2010 Cedar Creek 34SATS (The Beast) & 20k Curt Q20 roller slider hitch
2006 Ford F350 SRW,SC Powerstroke diesel Lariat

2003 Harley Heritage Softail (Hogzilla)
and a wifey with tons of patience....

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
AH Middlebury! My wife and I will be in Middlebury tomorrow (Saturday) to go to Essenhaus. While you are there stop in at Essenhaus and grab a hot meal! If you've never been there before, it's not just a lunch ... it's an "experience!" (And a very full tummy!) Last time we were there we did the carriage ride. That was nice ... and romantic!

Congrats on your new camper! Enjoy the tour. Visit Essenhaus! Have fun!

FYI, our wedding anniversary is Monday. Since we both have to work, we're doing Essenhaus on Saturday. --- Married 29 years on March 10!

dennisgt60
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, come on down! Beautiful day here today. Drove by Jayco factory today. RV's moving around like bees around a hive. Signs of spring and another RV season kicking into high gear!
2012 F-250 XLT, 6.2L, 4x4, CC, Standard Bed, 10,000lb. GVWR, 3.73 Axle.
Truck CAT Wt. 7,120 lbs.
Stated payload max. 2,881 lbs.
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8282ws.