cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet Keeps Clogging: Macerating Toilet Effective Solution?

MtnMike
Explorer
Explorer
In our 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS, the Front Toilet Keeps Clogging. We've used various methods to clear the clogs; plunger, plumber's snake, toilet wand, septic-safe chemicals. Once cleared, though, it will clog again within a few days, even with family members claiming that they flush with a lot of water, even flushing twice, when flushing septic-safe and rapidly dissolvable toilet paper. The clogs all appear to occur where the sewage line from the toilet makes a 90 degree turn (or perhaps more than one 90 degree elbow) about 8 feet down the line (based upon how much plumber's snake is worked down when trying to clear the clog). One neighboring rig owner told me his coach uses a macerator toilet and he's never experienced a clog in the year's that he's be living full-time in his rig. An in-line macerator, beneath the toilet, would reduce all flushed items to a slush to easily make the bends in the lines beneath the floor. Is there such a solution, or must I replace the existing Thetford porcelain toilet with one of their macerating models? Do they make a porcelain macerating toilet? Has this solution resolved this constant clogging issue in anyone's experience?
MtnMike
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS Fifth Wheel
2017 Dodge Laramie Longhorn Ram 3500; 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, DRW
20 REPLIES 20

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
To quote the great Howard Wolowitz: " It just wasn't designed for Russian cosmonauts and their potato-based diet."

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting problem. I can see this happening with a 90 degree bend and such little water usage. Interesting they would design it that way. Seems like it is designed to fail. I hope I am wrong.JMHO
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Have you consulted Jayco about problem? If it is a design problem you are probably not the first complaint; I would also ask on the Jayco's owners forum.
Could there be an obstruction in the line? How far from the end of line does the clog occur?
Can you use something like this
LED 7MM For Android OS Automotive Inspection Camera Endoscopy Pipeline Endoscope

to inspect the bore to see if the piping is clear?
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
"...... even with family members claiming ....."
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer