cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Towing 2015 Montana with 2011 3500 SRW CC D/A Combo

rkassl
Explorer
Explorer
We currently pull a 2005 29' Montana with our 2011 3500 SRW D/A CC and no matter what the adjustment it always rides slightly nose high, which I can live with , we had no problems with our 10000 mile Alaska trip in 2013.

We are considering upgrading to a 37 to 39' 2015 Montana but I am concerned how level it will tow. In 2011 Chevy raised the sidewalls up a little and with the enhanced rear suspension that caused the SRW trucks to ride higher in back. Pullrite suggested adding the 3" raised to clear the bed rails and that gave us adequate clearance there. We raised the pin box up to the maximum setting to bring the nose down and the rear up, it helped just a little.

I want to talk to some one with the identical tow vehicle (2011 SRW CC D/A and Superglide hitch combination) and a current Keystone product either a 37-39' Montana or Mountaineer to understand if this combination can be towed level.

Thanks for the help!
2015 Montana 3440RL Legacy Edition
PullRite Super 5th 20K hitch
Morryde Pin Box
Dish Tailgater and King Tailgater Satellite Systems
2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 SRW CC full bed
1 REPLY 1

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
rkassl wrote:
We currently pull a 2005 29' Montana with our 2011 3500 SRW D/A CC and no matter what the adjustment it always rides slightly nose high, which I can live with , we had no problems with our 10000 mile Alaska trip in 2013.

We are considering upgrading to a 37 to 39' 2015 Montana but I am concerned how level it will tow. In 2011 Chevy raised the sidewalls up a little and with the enhanced rear suspension that caused the SRW trucks to ride higher in back. Pullrite suggested adding the 3" raised to clear the bed rails and that gave us adequate clearance there. We raised the pin box up to the maximum setting to bring the nose down and the rear up, it helped just a little.

I want to talk to some one with the identical tow vehicle (2011 SRW CC D/A and Superglide hitch combination) and a current Keystone product either a 37-39' Montana or Mountaineer to understand if this combination can be towed level.

Thanks for the help!

Got the same problem with my 2008 Montana 3400RL , with a new Ram 3500. I am as level as I am going to get ,and still have adequate clearance on my bed rail, but still could go down another 3-4 inches. Some claim that the newer fifth wheels sit higher then the older ones. I'm skeptical of that. Best thing to do is go hook up to one ,and see what it looks like. I'm sure a dealer would let you do that.

Personally I don't think you are going to get as level as you probably want without raising the fifth wheel or lowering the truck, but as said go hook up ,and see.