cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your Rig

RVcrazed51
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to Brad, the Moderator over the Truck Campers forum for his assistance with this thread.

Thanks also to RVcrazed51 for his request for this thread.

Post photos of your Fifth Wheel on this thread. Any photo with a 5er in it is allowable; any brand, any year.

This thread is generally for Fifth Wheel photos only. But feel free to post comments on posted photos.

Because this thread is very long, I will occasionally clean it up by removing the older posts that do not have Fifth Wheel photos and other off topic material. Also, please limit photo width to 640 pixels by using: width=640. Please do not post thumbnail size photos, they are just too small to see.

Register at photobucket.com (free), download your pictures (takes a while), hi-lite and copy the URL, then use the "image" icon to paste the photo URL.

Photo Bucket โ€“ Free photo hosting

Help with posting photos----
> RV.Net Tutorials and Picture related FAQ's

Posting photos Bradโ€™s way

Helpful Thread with good photo hosting information

"Technology Corner" Everything you want to know Technical forum

Netboy's thread on compressing photos

Truth Justice's 2005 Sunny Brook 31BWKS (Triple Slide) and 2005 1-Ton Dodge Quad Cab L/B.

Hi everybody, I'm looking to buy a fifth wheel, hopefully by the end of the year. And I was just wondering if some of you would care to post some pics of your fiver.
RVcrazed51
Zeke
3,401 REPLIES 3,401

rcreamo123
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Tracy I will have to keep those pointers in mind. I was wondering if anyone heard of Americana Mfg. as they seem to have the rig I'm looking for.

Bob

lazydays
Explorer
Explorer
Just picked it up Wednesday.

Very Patient Wife
Two Boys & a Girl
2013 Keystone Avalanche 345TG
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L

chickadee
Explorer
Explorer
JGRVING nice looking rig!

Can you send me a pm with the name of campground the pic was taken at and the site number. Looks like a nice place.
Hubby :C Me ๐Ÿ™‚
One Spoiled Maltese (Puddles) :B

03 Ford F-250 Super Duty Super Cab SB 4 x 4
09 Cardinal 3100RK (Forest River)
Camping Pictures
Blog

camperfool
Explorer
Explorer
Nice rig JGRVing
2006 Keystone Laredo 32RS 5th wheel
Front bunks/rear bedroom
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 8.1 gas guzzler
300 watt solar panels/ solar water heater
dispersed camper enjoying Gods creation

JGRVING
Explorer
Explorer
JENNIFER AND DUANE
BUFORD, GA
'10 STARCRAFT TRAVELSTAR 217RBSS
2002 GMC 2500 HD 6.0 4x4 4.10
SO MANY PLACES, SO LITTLE TIME

rwhite692
Explorer
Explorer
rcreamo123 wrote:
My wife and I will be retiring (2yr. 7mos. 13 days) and we are looking to get a 5th Wheel for full time use. Right now I am considering 2 models. Cardinal 37RL and one made by Americana RV Manufacturing. Any thoughts? I have a Ford F350 Dulley, 6.0 Diil, longbed full crew cab. We plan on finalizing our choice spring of 2009 and have it to play with for a couple of years to work the bugs out.

Any help or advise is greatly apprciated.

Bob

Hiya Bob, congrats on being close to Retirement...my primary advice would be, be a bit flexible in what rigs you will consider, and save yourself a TON of money, by buying a "used" rig. There are SO many rigs that are 1-2 years old that are up for sale now, that are essentially indestinguishable from new and have hardly been used or taken out at all. With the downturn in the economy, they are everywhere...IMHO, The savings far outweigh any value of the manufacturer's (typically crummy) warranty that you get by buying a fiver brand new...Just my $.02.

Also if you are fulltiming, you will probably want a fiver with a "winter" insulation setup, which typically includes not only more insulation, but also heating pads for the water tanks, etc.

You may also want to make sure your rig has an accommodation for a stacking mini clotheswasher/dryer unit (my Open Road fiver has a closet set up with hookups for this).

Since you have a longbed, you don't need a sliding hitch, but I really like my Pullrite Superglide, and would certainly recommend Pullrite hitches. If you do a search here you can find lots of info on them.

Good Luck!
-Rob
2003 Open Road 360RKDS-5
2007 Ford Super Duty CC 6.0 PSD FX4 King Ranch
Pullrite Superglide 18K
Honda EU2000i Twins

rwhite692
Explorer
Explorer
This is a great site, and has been very helpful with so many things for us.

Here are a few pictures of our 2003 Pilgrim Open Road 360RKDS-5. Tow Vehicle is a 2007 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 PSD. Hitch is an 18K Pullrite Superglide.

-Rob

2003 Open Road 360RKDS-5
2007 Ford Super Duty CC 6.0 PSD FX4 King Ranch
Pullrite Superglide 18K
Honda EU2000i Twins

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
If you look back about the last two pages you will see I had to edit many for over size photos. NO MORE! If you cannot do what is asked to post a photo, I am deleting them from here on. Sorry but it has been posted many times "width=640". If you can't manage that then do not post. Ask if you need help.
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

Sportchassis_RV
Explorer
Explorer
Qtrmidget wrote:
Michelle & Dwight,

WOW!!!!!!!!!! That is all I can say!Thats a nice new rig!!! Hope you enjoy it as much as you did your Open Road.

Pam

Thanks Pam, we will be taking it to one of your favorite campgrounds for Labor Day "AH Stephens" and we are looking forward to it.
We didn't switch away from Open Road easily, but they just didn't offer the floorplan that we wanted and Jim Brown had nothing in stock and it would have been very hard for us to order and not knowing if or when they will be able to fill an order.

Hope to see you around a campground sooner or later ๐Ÿ™‚

Michelle
2008 Newmar X-Aire 40CKSH
2007 Freightliner SportChassis RHA 114 330 hp/Mercedes Benz
:B
2003 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 l PSD (hers)
๐Ÿ˜„

Qtrmidget
Explorer
Explorer
Michelle & Dwight,

WOW!!!!!!!!!! That is all I can say!Thats a nice new rig!!! Hope you enjoy it as much as you did your Open Road.

Pam
Jimmie & Pam :W & :B
22 Year old Son(Dakota)& his friends :E
Tazz (Spoiled Rotten Toy Poodle):B
Ditto Blk Lab-non camper:(
Jagger Qtr Horse-non camper:M
Partner Qtr Horse-non camper:M

2004 Open Road 360RKDS
2006 F-350 PSD CC King Ranch FX4

rcreamo123
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I will be retiring (2yr. 7mos. 13 days) and we are looking to get a 5th Wheel for full time use. Right now I am considering 2 models. Cardinal 37RL and one made by Americana RV Manufacturing. Any thoughts? I have a Ford F350 Dulley, 6.0 Diil, longbed full crew cab. We plan on finalizing our choice spring of 2009 and have it to play with for a couple of years to work the bugs out.

Any help or advise is greatly apprciated.

Bob

dleonardtx
Explorer
Explorer
That is some setup ! It is beautiful and I love the tow vehicle. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Sportchassis_RV
Explorer
Explorer
Here is our new Rig, just picked it up in PA a couple of days ago.

2007 Freightliner SportChassis RHA 114 330 hp/Mercedes Benz
:B
2003 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 l PSD (hers)
๐Ÿ˜„

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer

Here are pics from our trip we just got back from.

Please size ALL your photos with a remark "width=640"

dkiewicz
Explorer
Explorer
Here's my little 32ft Rage'N XL3205. This was the first weekend of Aug at Vail Lake in Temecula Ca. My boy and his friend are in the back of Bart (Big Ass Red Truck) and that's Bath (Big Ass Toy Hualer) in the background. While I'll be the first to admit it ain't the biggest looking at some of the rides posted here, It's still a handful for me, and the biggest I've ever owned.