cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your Rig

RVcrazed51
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to Brad, the Moderator over the Truck Campers forum for his assistance with this thread.

Thanks also to RVcrazed51 for his request for this thread.

Post photos of your Fifth Wheel on this thread. Any photo with a 5er in it is allowable; any brand, any year.

This thread is generally for Fifth Wheel photos only. But feel free to post comments on posted photos.

Because this thread is very long, I will occasionally clean it up by removing the older posts that do not have Fifth Wheel photos and other off topic material. Also, please limit photo width to 640 pixels by using: width=640. Please do not post thumbnail size photos, they are just too small to see.

Register at photobucket.com (free), download your pictures (takes a while), hi-lite and copy the URL, then use the "image" icon to paste the photo URL.

Photo Bucket โ€“ Free photo hosting

Help with posting photos----
> RV.Net Tutorials and Picture related FAQ's

Posting photos Bradโ€™s way

Helpful Thread with good photo hosting information

"Technology Corner" Everything you want to know Technical forum

Netboy's thread on compressing photos

Truth Justice's 2005 Sunny Brook 31BWKS (Triple Slide) and 2005 1-Ton Dodge Quad Cab L/B.

Hi everybody, I'm looking to buy a fifth wheel, hopefully by the end of the year. And I was just wondering if some of you would care to post some pics of your fiver.
RVcrazed51
Zeke
3,401 REPLIES 3,401

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
If this continues as a "tow vehicle" topic, it will be closed here.
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

WitchKing
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks rusty! Yes, after some looking around, they offer some awesome incentives on the ONE TONNER, so it'll be One Ton Dual Wheeled Mega Cab. I suppose I should go all the way and 4X4 it as well, or does that not make much difference? Sorry guys, I should really start another thread. I don't want to hog in here. This will be it and I'll start another thread, specific to my inquiries. Thanks again everyone!!
~Tom.

WitchKing
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for that great info. That's pretty much what I'm reading right now as I type. I guess I picked the right one and I really like the looks of the RAM. I know some think the interior is boring but I like it and that's what matters to me. So, is BANKS a company that makes performance parts for the Cummins? That would a great upgrade, I would think.

~Tom.
~Tom.

rusty_poth
Explorer
Explorer
Witchking if you plan on going for a 40 ftr I would highly reccomend that you go for a diesel, certainly it is a hit to take initally but when you look at the big picture it is a very well spent $6,000! We have friends who pull a trailer very similar to ours in size and they have a Hemi and the hit they take with fuel more then confirms to me the idea of going with the Cummins, also don't skimp on the size of truck, a 2500 is a good truck but a 3500 is all that much better and safer...........

Now to get this thread back on topic here we are in the Montana mountains, almost ran out of fuel!!!!!!!

Retired 22 years Regular Force (Army/Air Force), 3 years Army Reserves.

2004 Dodge 1 Ton 5.9 Cummins, 2004 Thor Jazz 3100XL 5th Wheel.

doughboy81972
Explorer
Explorer
i did some research when i was looking for a truck to pull a 5iver and the one that stood out was the Dodge with the cummins because the Ford and Chevy are using a converted big block gas engine for there diesel motor and Dodge with the cummins is an actual medium duty engine the same you would find in a straight truck and just to let you know Banks offers hop ups for all 3 engines this is the info that i found you can use it or lose it i am just stating the facts i found
Steven 44
1 dog
IL Rallies attended :B:B

WitchKing
Explorer
Explorer
AWESOME! Thanks for all the info. I appreciate it. I figured the Cummins was the way to go but it's such a hit on the price of the truck, I almost fell off my chair. Hemi..included, Cummins....$6000.00 I thought he was joking but I have do a lot of research recently and at this point it's not worth it to cut corners. I could buy a smaller trailer but I don't want to as I'll be living in it 24-7. I have read that there are special goodies to beef up the Cummins on top of that, but I'll check into that afterwards. Please, send me the link for the graphics and I will certainly check them out. From what I see, it's an awesome job they did. How long did you have to wait for them to finish it for you? I look forward to hearing about the big 'RoadTrip' in Jan. Sounds like a nice trip to be on. Once I get everything hooked up and ready, Cali is the first trip for me considering it's snowing here today!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ž I appreciate your humble opinion, that's why I asked. I've had trucks for years but never a CTD. The 454's, 350's and even my 4.7 2002 Ram were all great but I never had to pull anything. I'm pretty sure my 300C won't move that 40 footer either...lol...I've read alot of info on the new 6.7CTD and it looks like a powerhouse, don't know what difference there is between that and the big Ford diesel but I'll get there. I have a year before retirement so I have some time.
~Tom.

greatwhiteelkhu
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you! In fact this is a vinyl graphic I had made by a company In Arizona. They do RV graphic or truck or what ever you want but they are awesome to deal with! If youโ€™re interested Iโ€™ll give you a link but this is one of 3 things he is going to help me with in the future on this RV

No issues! in fact we just took this on our second trip (about 2 hours from home) and I was very impressed with it. No kidding except for hills I didn't even know it was back there. We doing a trip from CA to Colorado in Jan so it will get a test then ? Still I donโ€™t anticipate any issues. Donโ€™t plan to do 70 up the mountain passes.

BTW Stay away from a gasser if you going to pull a 40 foot! Go with diesel regardless! no gas truck 1 ton or other wise will pull your 40 foot like a diesel. The last thing you want to do is push your truck to the very limit and break down. Night and day between gas and diesel!! Just my humble option.
CWO4 USMC
Rope, Tree, journalist some assembly required!

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 TCD long bed, extended cab, no mods yet ๐Ÿ™‚
2008 Jazz 3180 BH FW

WitchKing
Explorer
Explorer
AWESOME setup! My hat is off to the artist. That is one fine paint job! I'm very impressed. I assume that the RAM has NO issues pulling that trailer? I'm new to the RV world and I'm pretty sure I'm going with a 40' DayDreamer but I think I may have to get into the One Ton world to move it around. I haven't checked the numbers yet but maybe the 2500 RAM would do ok with a 40 footer, I don't know and I suppose I should go with the Cummins rather than the Hemi?? Any thoughts? Again, beautiful setup!

~Tom.
~Tom.

greatwhiteelkhu
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the back of the rig.

CWO4 USMC

2008 Jazz 3180 BH FW

greatwhiteelkhu
Explorer
Explorer
07 dodge ram 2500 4X4 long bed with an 08 Jazz 33 foot ๐Ÿ™‚ I love this set up!

CWO4 USMC

2008 Jazz 3180 BH FW

doughboy81972
Explorer
Explorer
happy turkey day everybody gooble gooble gooble:B:C
Steven 44
1 dog
IL Rallies attended :B:B

Virginia_RVers
Explorer
Explorer
Just picked up the little beauty this past weekend. Cannot wait to give it a try.

2007 PF36SK Crossroads Paradise Point
2014 Dodge 3500 DRW, Cummins Diesel
2007 Crossroads Paradise Pointe PF36SK (Rolling Fun II)
Chelsea & Duncan (Traveling Scotty Dogs)

Markie5150
Explorer
Explorer
WitchKing wrote:
What does the 2 Seadoo's and trailer weigh?

Thank you, total weight fully loaded with fuel, water, food, wife and beer,,,,,right at 11.2k lbs.
2011 Ford F350 Crewcab Fx4 Diesel 6.7L
2012 HeartLand LandMark Rushmore

WitchKing
Explorer
Explorer
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME setup Markie5150. I'd never want to go home. Love the Seadoo's on the back. What does the 2 Seadoo's and trailer weigh?
~Tom.

Markie5150
Explorer
Explorer

I "think" I might actually have this down finally.....
2011 Ford F350 Crewcab Fx4 Diesel 6.7L
2012 HeartLand LandMark Rushmore