cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid in RV Parks

Shadowcat
Explorer
Explorer
I have a question about Covid. Hope this is the place to ask it. I'm a SR citizen, new to full-time rving. I am in a small RV Park in NM and yesterday the owner said a full-time rver had Covid. This guy was walking around talking to people as if he had the flu. And this is what people sitting around talking think about Covid, that it is just another flu. I don't share that theory and have had my vaccinations plus my booster. I'm older and have done what I could to keep myself safe as well as others around me. For some this situation may not be a problem, but if you have encountered this in your travels what have you done? I am leaving in two weeks so will stay here and keep to myself til I leave. I did not anticipate this as I thought RV Parks followed specific rules regarding health concerns.
Thanks for any answers. Shadowcat
56 REPLIES 56

Your doc is wrong, that is another reason people are so unsure of this thing… … MISINFORMATION

having the flu WILL NOT cause a POSITIVE COVID test…

* Can you have the flu and COVID-19 at the same time?
Yes. It is possible to have flu as well as other respiratory illnesses including COVID-19 at the same time. Health experts are still studying how common this can be.

*Fact check: A cold, the flu or a flu shot won't cause positive tests for novel coronavirus
Camille Caldera
USA TODAY

COVID-19 vs. Flu: What’s the Difference?
Medical experts say that it may be very hard to tell the difference between influenza and COVID. Therefore, although we outline the differences below, it is recommended to call your doctor to ensure the diagnosis and that you take the proper steps.

Even though the flu and COVID-19 are caused by two totally different viruses, they share a number of symptoms:

Fever
Fatigue
Cough
Sore throat
Runny nose
Shortness of breath
Body aches
Headaches
Vomiting
Diarrhea
There are, however, two distinct differences between the flu and the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

https://cdn2.webdamdb.com/1280_cpNhcsNKnav4.png?1610377919

What to Do if You Think You Have the Flu, COVID-19 — or Both
Yes, it’s possible to test positive for the flu and COVID-19 at the same time, but experts say the chances of having a coinfection are very, very low. If you find yourself experiencing any of the symptoms discussed in this article, here’s a game plan for how to quickly determine a diagnosis.

Talk to your doctor. If you’re coming down with a telltale sign of COVID-19 or the flu, seek medical care. Experts say it’s a good idea to put on a mask and self-isolate from your family if you have symptoms, to play it safe.
Get tested. Experts agree that it’s important to be tested as quickly as possible for COVID-19 and flu. Here’s some good news: The nose swab can be used to test for both COVID-19 and the flu. Schedule an appointment with your doctor or local health clinic, or visit an urgent care center where tests should be available.
Start treatment. After a diagnosis, move forward with the appropriate treatment. For the flu, the gold standard is an antiviral drug that your doctor might prescribe which helps to lessen the severity of symptoms and shorten duration of the illness. For milder cases of COVID-19, most people can recover at home by monitoring their symptoms, resting, and drinking fluids.
If you are having trouble breathing, persistent pain, chest pressure, new confusion, an inability to wake or stay awake, or bluish lips or face, seek emergency medical care immediately.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Not enough Reynolds Wrap to cover this thread. Hopefully, a moderator will mercifully put it out of its misery.......:)

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
As well as a lot of other deaths reported as Covid when the Covid was just the nail in the coffin.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
My brother is a doctor and yes, the flu is causing positive Covid responses. Look at the number of flu deaths reports last year and it's nearly zero as they were all reported as being Covid (in error).

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
wapiticountry wrote:
What would you have the park do? They have no legal ability to quarantine the guy. They actually have no way of knowing that is what the guy has or if he is even sick. I know I don’t go around sharing my health information with anyone. It isn’t unreasonable to speculate the guy’s diagnosis came from the rumor mill rather than a doctor.

Good point. Something completely lost in this discussion.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
HappyKayakers wrote:
obgraham wrote:
From the start, this issue has been plagued by inconsistent data. People do not know what data to trust, because the professionals themselves have been inconsistent. Everyone seems to think their data is correct, especially with the "I went to the source" rationale.

We all should avoid being critical of others whose perspective might be different. All anyone can do is take what precautions they think appropriate.

Well, that's your opinion. Another opinion is that the data has NOT been inconsistent. The virus has mutated numerous times. The health care profession has learned something new on a regular basis and updated advice based on that.
Well it is not relevant to this discussion, but I am in fact a physician. Capable of assessing the "data".
The level of obfuscation and politization in the medical literature in this epidemic has been astounding.
Take the precautions you feel indicated.
I will.

LouLawrence wrote:
Keep in mind that if you have the flu or Covid, a Covid test will produce a positive Covid result. It's really hard for anyone to tell the difference so you have to look to your symptoms (loss of taste and/or smell being the biggie) to figure out what kind of sick you actually are.

Wait… What?

Are you trying to say that if I get sick with the flu and take a Covid test, I am going to test positive? I am no scientist nor am I a doctor but I know for a fact that’s wrong .

That comment right there is part of the reason why nobody has a darn clue with what the hell is going on with covid, Too much wrong information being spread in many different forms
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Keep in mind that if you have the flu or Covid, a Covid test will produce a positive Covid result. It's really hard for anyone to tell the difference so you have to look to your symptoms (loss of taste and/or smell being the biggie) to figure out what kind of sick you actually are.

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Way too many people on here put too much trust in the media. Media = more viewers, more money, scare viewers, more viewers. The media will use what numbers has the most impact on people and that is why you don't see percentages.
By the way, the sky is falling.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
From the start, this issue has been plagued by inconsistent data. People do not know what data to trust, because the professionals themselves have been inconsistent. Everyone seems to think their data is correct, especially with the "I went to the source" rationale.

We all should avoid being critical of others whose perspective might be different. All anyone can do is take what precautions they think appropriate.

Well, that's your opinion. Another opinion is that the data has NOT been inconsistent. The virus has mutated numerous times. The health care profession has learned something new on a regular basis and updated advice based on that.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Shadowcat wrote:
Thanks for all the responses. I'm wiser today. I didn't realize so many people who are vaccinated and boosted have gotten Covid. This is just a small sample here. I do take precautions and will continue my journey.

It's a shame so many who have died didn't have the chance to respond. Please continue to take precautions.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
JimK-NY wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
JimK-NY wrote:
Covid deaths are currently still close to 1000/day. That is way down from the peaks of over 3000. Still a thousand a day means some of us are still taking precautions seriously.

Where are you getting your data? CDC website says it's around 300/day.

Not saying it isn't a concern for those with risk factors but falsifying data does more harm than good.

Due to delays in reporting, the numbers jump around. Most recent I can find is 7-day average reported 5/4, which was 728 a day. You are correct a week or so before then the deaths were averaging 300 or so per day.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Try going to the source. Mid march was the last time the 7 day average was up around 1000 and it was plummeting at that point.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailydeaths

There are some tweaks to adjust for delays in reporting but that's typically within the most recent week...not a month or more ago.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
valhalla360 wrote:
JimK-NY wrote:
Covid deaths are currently still close to 1000/day. That is way down from the peaks of over 3000. Still a thousand a day means some of us are still taking precautions seriously.

Where are you getting your data? CDC website says it's around 300/day.

Not saying it isn't a concern for those with risk factors but falsifying data does more harm than good.

Due to delays in reporting, the numbers jump around. Most recent I can find is 7-day average reported 5/4, which was 728 a day. You are correct a week or so before then the deaths were averaging 300 or so per day.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
If you have Type A blood you might want to take more precautions against exposure: https://www.livescience.com/blood-type-coronavirus-respiratory-antigens.html
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8