cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full timing in Canada

PaulnAnn
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone recommend a membership that is practical for RV'ers that want to full time from Canada?

I see there's a few out there but being from Ontario Canada I don't see any good ones to take advantage of.

Most seem great if one RV's in the US such as thousand trails, RPI, Coast to Coast but if one can't travel there especially during the Covid and not knowing where they're going with crossing the border we're wondering if there's anything in Canada if we had to travel mostly here until traveling improves at least?

Thank you
We look forward to meeting other like-minded people. We would love to travel and work from our RV. Hoping to make this happen one day.

Our Rig:
2011 Ford F250 Diesel 4x4
2012 5Th Wheel Alpine 3600RS
2 REPLIES 2

winniman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Passport America has a Canadian branch. I looked it up, and it shows around 20 participating campgrounds in Southern Ontario. At only $44 for a membership, it doesn't take long to get your money back. I always buy it when I travel. If you plan on just going somewhere, then stay put for a long time, you probably wont get your value out of it.

Dream_Chaser_
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think you have much choice in Canada. In Ontario, most campgrounds do not open until mid-May and are closed right after Thanksgiving. Unless you head south for the winter, there are few campgrounds open year round.

Not too sure on how many campgrounds in Canada participate in the clubs you mentioned. I think you are better off just taking advantage of discounts offered by Good Sam, KOA and Passport America.

Hope you have good luck getting that class A.