cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help looking for washer for full time use

starsabove
Explorer
Explorer
Just starting out being F/T RVers as we both just retired. Never needed a washer before due to short trips, but now that we will be spending months at a time looking for help with types of washers that hold up my rig is set-up for a washer/dryer already.
Thanks for any help.
19 REPLIES 19

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been full time for a bit over 6 years now and have a Splindide 2100XC washer/drier combo and it does great for two people. You will get lots of folks bad mouthing the unit, but it does great provided you read the manual and follow the instructions. You have to realize it is not a home unit.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
Have a Splendide since camper was new (about 4 years) worked fine till couple weeks ago it wouldn't finish the wash cycle and is throwing a h5 code I think. It worked good but I don't think I will replace it with another Splendide. I'm going to take it out and see if I can find a repair shop. If it's too expensive to fix I'm looking at another brand.
Bill and Joey the dog

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does that mean you'll be spending a lot of time in RV parks?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our combo Splendide washer/dryer with an Ariston stacked washer and dryer . . . about $1700 for both,
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
We've had a MayTag stacked washer dryer in our 5th wheel since 1996. It's still going strong. Also have a MayTag stacked set in our house. Both have provided years of trouble free service.

They do a great job of cleaning and drying the clothes.