cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to full timing - questions, advice

jadams04
Explorer
Explorer
My fiance and I are new to full timing and very excited about this new adventure! We bought a flagstaff, v-lite TT and will be hitting the road the beginning of April as soon as it arrives...my job will take us across the states. We are both new to rv'ing and trying to prepare as much as possible before we set out. The boards are so great for sharing ideas and recommendations, I've been browsing for awhile! I would like to get your thoughts on what items (generators, etc..) you feel are necessary?? Any feedback is welcomed, thanks in advance!
16 REPLIES 16

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Dog Folks......think also about HOW you'd like to camp. Do you want to hit RV resorts or state/federal campgrounds or boondock? That will determine what you "need".. Just remember one thing....you'll take enough clothes to last a year and will wear only a week's worth....LOL at least that's MY experience!

Good luck and most of all ENJOY
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
jadams04 wrote:
My fiance and I are new to full timing and very excited about this new adventure! We bought a flagstaff, v-lite TT and will be hitting the road the beginning of April as soon as it arrives...my job will take us across the states. We are both new to rv'ing and trying to prepare as much as possible before we set out. The boards are so great for sharing ideas and recommendations, I've been browsing for awhile! I would like to get your thoughts on what items (generators, etc..) you feel are necessary?? Any feedback is welcomed, thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum and the lifestyle.

There is so much to review, I would suggest for a starter, to click on "RVing FAQ" on top of the page in the blue bar. There is a ton of good information there, and you can zero in one specific areas.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006