cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parking at the International Bridge at Weslaco, TX?

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
The first of April I'll be headed to Weslaco and am planning to stay at the 1015 RV Park. I'm told the park is an easy 6 mile drive to the bridge. I'll walk over the bridge and one block to my dental appointment.

I travel in a Class C and do not pull a toad. I've been told there is a parking lot at the bridge where people leave their cars while in Mexico for the day.

Here's my question. Is it safe enough to leave Winnie with Baby Girl (my Catahoula) in it for the morning. My appointments are at 9 am and I don't see being over there more than 4 hours or so. My other choice is to get a cab and leave Baby Girl in Winnie at the RV Park.

I'm not committed to 1015 RV Park. It was a referral. I would certainly appreciate any input that would make it easier...and the site less expensive. All thoughts are appreciated. THANKS!
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas
2 REPLIES 2

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Closed... see the same topic in RV Mexico.
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
I would post this in the snowbird section. Many winter in the RGV.

IMHO, you will be fine. Many park there without an issue. With that said, I do not think it is secured in the form of cameras or guards.

I can not remember if there is a height restriction though. You may want to take a drive there first to make sure.
There’s no fool, like an old fool.