cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Parking at the Sacramento International Airport

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
I need to pick up Family and will towing a 34' 5th. wheel. Where can I temporarily park just long enough to pick up my daughter. She then coud just use a airport taxi to where we would park.When I called the Airport parking phone number, a person told me that I could just drive through the Airport just as if I was driving a regular car to the arrival gate. I really question this advice.
8 REPLIES 8

Lexx
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I would avoid the cell phone lot. It's very tight getting in and out.

Why not park at a shopping center or some other big lot and have her uber it over to you?
2017 Ruby Red Platinum F450 - my kids call her "Big Red"
2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
trucker495 wrote:
It is doable. Also mightbe ableto drop trailer in cell phone parking
Lot.

The cell lot is not possible as the lot entrance has 2 metal post positioned close enough so that you could not drive a 8' wide trailer between the posts. ๐Ÿ˜ž

newlee
Explorer
Explorer
skipro3 wrote:
There is a free waiting area where people park and wait for their passenger to call them that they are ready to be picked up. Signs mark it well on the way in to the airport. Take the exit where the ARCO station is. It will cloverleaf to a stop sign. Make a right and go over the road you just exited on an over pass. The parking is straight ahead. It's plenty large enough for many RV's of your size.

I would not drive a large RV through the pick up area.

X2
Plenty of room in this lot.
Dan & Pat Newhall
Central California
2003 Newmar Kountry Star DP 3353
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
1995 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 Toad
1995 Jeep Wrangler Toad (KISA RCK}

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I would call the airport police. The parking people may not know the difference between a pickup truck and a truck/fifth wheel.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
I really appreciate the great suggestions on where to park my 5th wheel and not have to unhook at the Sac. International Airport. Thanks

brianpearce
Explorer
Explorer
Check what hotels run shuttles to the airport and park in/near the hotel. Have your daughter take the hotel shuttle to meet you.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
There is a free waiting area where people park and wait for their passenger to call them that they are ready to be picked up. Signs mark it well on the way in to the airport. Take the exit where the ARCO station is. It will cloverleaf to a stop sign. Make a right and go over the road you just exited on an over pass. The parking is straight ahead. It's plenty large enough for many RV's of your size.

I would not drive a large RV through the pick up area.

trucker495
Explorer
Explorer
It is doable. Also mightbe ableto drop trailer in cell phone parking
Lot.
04 HR ALUMASCAPE 31' TRAVEL TRAILER
05 RAM 3500 4X4 CTD SRW CREW CAB LONGBED