cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stackable washer/ dryer

cpope84
Explorer
Explorer
Looking into getting a stackable washer/ dryer setup. What is the best one out there?
2012 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn
2017 Heartland Bighorn 3760EL
19 REPLIES 19

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
cpope84 wrote:
Do you have a model number?
Due to the age of our current unit, it is probably not in catalog. However, the unit is 24" wide, which goes in our door okay. Measure YOUR door and then search for one that will fit. Most W/D units are >24" so that will be your key.

Jim

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are full-time so I do as much laundry as I would in a house. I prefer going to the laundromat every couple of weeks, doing 5-6 loads and being done in a couple of hours. It would take me forever to do that much laundry in one of the small washer/dryers you can put in an RV.

cpope84
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a model number?
2012 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn
2017 Heartland Bighorn 3760EL

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Been using Kenmore/Whirlpool stacks since 1998. You do have small loads, but, you also don't have as many item to wash as a S/B. Never had a service issue on ours.

Jim

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Our previous MH had a pair but my wife was put off by the small capacity (and long cycle times) that made wash day an all day project for her. Skipped it on the new coach. If we are out longer than we packed clothes for, we hit a laundromat and in about an hour and a half (with both of us participating) we are done! The last year, our washer and dryer got no use in the old coach. Our new Winnie has enough closet/drawer space for a couple weeks worth of clothes. I realize this response wouldn't apply to full timers but most of our travels don't extend past 2 weeks. Everyone to their own. Had the last coach not come with the W/D, I would have been upset to have bought them then find they really did not fit our lifestyle/meet our expectations.