cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

0-20 Weight Oil

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
Our CR-V calls for 0-20 weight motor oil, is all 0-20 weight Synthetic? Don't really like Synthetic it's not worth the price, what would it hurt to use 5-20 regular oil? The car will never be where the temp. is 0.
21 REPLIES 21

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
want-a-be wrote:
We drive around 7000 miles a year. The temp. range for 0-20 is -20 to +100 degrees.

My son has been living up in Vt 10 min from the Canadian border running 0-20 and there are a lot of nights were it is way below -20 with the wind. So far so good.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
My sons 2015 Subaru Outback call for the same 0-20. That's what we put in it.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Kennedycamper
Explorer
Explorer
0-20 can be synthetic or conventional. Check your owners manual for what it needs.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
If you always follow what the manufacturers recommend, you will never be wrong. Stray off that course, and you do so at your own peril.

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
We drive around 7000 miles a year. The temp. range for 0-20 is -20 to +100 degrees.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is the temperature range specified? That weight is for North Dakota in January.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Honda has always had some of the most technologically advanced engines. If their engineers call for 0-20 I would trust their expertise and stick with it.
Exactly how many miles per year do you plan on putting on your CR-V that the cost difference in the price of oil is a big concern?