cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 volt DC not charging on shore power.

Strador
Explorer
Explorer
We are out camping this weekend and the 12 volt isn’t charging on shore power. Which of course means my lights and thermostat amount a few other things aren’t working. If I start the engine everything works just fine. I don’t have a multimeter or anything to check the incoming power to the battery. Anyone have any tips or tricks to work around this. The rig is a 2019 Entegra odyssey.
17 REPLIES 17

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like you have a fifty amp shore power and the main leg is not working. Are you using an adapter?
Start the genset if equipped and see if everything works.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Strador
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Converter is not working.
Check for 120 volts AC to rig. Check to see if microwave or A/C works. Use a 120 volt appliance to check receptacles. Verify circuit breakers are set. Turn off all circuit breakers applying light pressure toward off. Then turn on main circuit breaker if equipped followed by branch breakers.
Verify that GFCI receptacles are not tripped.

Microwave works no issues ever. We have 2 AC’s one works, it’s a stand alone, the main one connected to the thermostat me doesn’t work. Checked all the breakers nothing is tripped. The fuses connected to battery are all intact, there are 2 of them. All of my outlets are working except one. The one the TV is plugged into, guessing that is 12 volt because ones I start the engine everything works. One other thing I just noticed the main power switch doesn’t work either, unless the engine is running.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Converter is not working.
Check for 120 volts AC to rig. Check to see if microwave or A/C works. Use a 120 volt appliance to check receptacles. Verify circuit breakers are set. Turn off all circuit breakers applying light pressure toward off. Then turn on main circuit breaker if equipped followed by branch breakers.
Verify that GFCI receptacles are not tripped.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker