cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1983 Fleetwood Tioga 23' Class C Renovation

bigjohnmcvicker
Explorer
Explorer
As some of you may know I bought a 1993 Terry travel trailer in need of repair a few years back and repaired the extensive water damage and renovated the interior all outside in the Michigan weather. I tracked our progress from start to finish here on RV.net

With one success behind us we decided to take on another project. I have little carpentry skills outside of the basics. I have little wood working tools. BUT this time I have my 40'x60' pole barn up ๐Ÿ˜„

I have a love for bartering. I can turn a $50 item into a 100 into a 500 into... well you get the idea. Itโ€™s all about waiting for the person that WANTS what you have.

I started this out with an old lawn tractor/motor that didn't run with a yard cart. I traded it for an old speed boat and trailer which I cleaned up and traded for a nice running three wheeler I then traded the three wheeler for a nice rifle with high end optics. Then I traded the rifle for the 1983 Fleetwood Tioga 23' Chevy 5.7L 350 (G30 chassis?) has 46XXX miles. 246hours on the Onan 4.0 genset. EVERYTHING WORKS. Fridge, rooftop AC, stove, furnace, generator... I know and work with all three owners sheโ€™s had since new.

The bad. It has some water damage to the roof. The last owner use to use it once a year and did NOTHING as far as maintenance goes in the last 4 years. Itโ€™s been sitting for 3 years not moved. It hasn't been camping since 08. I got two batteries some fresh gas and she started! So here goes nothing!

http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/bigjohnmcvicker/library/
3 REPLIES 3

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
I had that same RV on the Ford E350 chassis. Edit - oops, mine was a 27' ... Got a lot of years of use out of it, and still see it occasionally in the area. ๐Ÿ™‚
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
That should make a nice MH and as always they can enhance one's skill set. Our old MH enabled me to get the kids well grounded in home and auto repair that is paying off for them today. You are a much better trader than I am. I NEVER sell anything I buy. ๐Ÿ™‚

bigjohnmcvicker
Explorer
Explorer
When I bought the RV it ran great. Halfway home it started to run like CRAP. I pulled the dog house off to find a burnt up mess of plug wires electrical wires and of course a mouse nest! MY OWN FAULT. I should have made sure everything was blown out of the engine compartment before I drove it home. Lesson learned.

I went to a local RV/Camper salvage yard and bought some screws, a Corian (quartz like) countertop with under mount stainless steel euro style double sink, some new light fixtures for $32 out the door...SCORE!

This is the same store I bought all my stuff for my last project. My digital lock, NEW 15k btu rooftop AC, toilet, trim, vinyl cover wall boards...