cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1993 conquest by gulfstream

Stephen2753
Explorer
Explorer
Just inherited this RV, never had one before. Made the first trip last weekend, what an experience, refrigerator struggled to get below 50, water pressure horrible, swayed horribly (heard that air suspension would help in rear) and am having difficulty finding the owner manual.

I went to the Gulfstream site, could not find the manual or for that matter, the this model for a 1993 listed.

If anyone has one of these or any suggestions for a newbie, would appreciate the help. Lots to learn, have been watching the driver safety videos, downloaded the checklists.

We stayed at Otter Creek on the Blue Ridge Parkway, next trip in a few weeks is to Newport News Campground close to Busch Gardens.
7 REPLIES 7

xxjanaleexx
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rvingthemidwestconnection.com/manufacturerhelp.htm#Fleetwood
Check out this page...
Driver,"Jan"..
Social director "Mittzi the cat"
Present rig 1995 Sunline Solaris 1950
and many others over the past 35 years

gdoutwest
Explorer
Explorer
You picked a tough first location for an unfamiliar rig! I'll bet managing the hills and curves was loads of fun.

Anyway, Newport News Park Campground is a great place to stay - we used to stay there often when we lived in the area. Since then, we have been full-timers with a 40' Teton 5th wheel pulled by a Freightliner Cabriolet - and we have had to deal with plenty of issues since then. So, if I can help answer any non-mechanical questions, feel free to ask.

As for manuals, forget it. I have a 2000 Yellowstone Capri we plan to use for short trips, and have yet to find one. Good luck

gingerK
Explorer
Explorer
I own a '95 Gulf Stream Conquest. Your owners manual info can be downloaded at the Gulf Stream website, but as someone else said it's pretty general. I think you can also find the manuals for all your systems there too. My GS has had extremely good care over the years so all I've done so far is change oil, put new tires on and had my mechanic check it over. Was going to put a trans cooler on it but he said there was already a really good one there. Good luck with yours!

CalRanger
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 1992 Gulfstream Conquest. It is probably very similar to yours. The owners manual is very generic. There should be a label in cabinet over the kitchen that lists tank capacities etc.. We have had ours for nine years and have only had minor problems. This year was the year for replacing old worn out stuff. Replaced the roof, water heater, brakes, tires, LP regulator, belts, hoses, water pump. I upgraded the converter/charger to a PD9160 with golf cart betteries a few months after we bought the rig. The OEM converter charger is a POS and will ruin your batteries. The genearator has been pretty reliable. I had to replace the starter and clean the carb once.
1992 Gulf Stream Conquest Ltd. 27'
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
If you contact Gulfstream, they may be able to help you.

Older RVs can be a challenge and a money pit. But generally they are cheaper to fix than buy a new one! ๐Ÿ™‚

Steve
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
We owned a new 2004 Gulf Stream Conquest, so we had all the owners manuals. The "owner's manual" was a box with all the separate appliance manuals in it. There was a book for the charging system, a book for the fridge, the stove, the microwave, the toilet, yadayada. The Gulf Stream Owner's manual was basically a generic book of disclaimers, like "check the pressure in your tires before each trip". So I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're not missing much?

But the information is out there, if you dig a bit. Either on Mfr's websites, here on RV.net, or even from other dealers. And a simple book like "RVing for Dummies" can help because a lot of stuff (like dumping the tanks) is pretty common to all RVs?

Regarding the swaying: load it up like you're going camping; then have it aligned at a truck service. That's all it ever took to make ours drive just fine, even in strong crosswinds.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
If everything in there is original, I guess realizing that everything is almost 25 years old is a start. While I did find the official manual for our 2008 Motorhome, it was so generic it was effectively useless.

( How someone can craft 500 pages of pure tripe, is impressive. )

I watched a ton of Youtube videos and went direct to the manufacturers sites to download manuals.

But, again, if the appliances in yours are from 1992/1993, I think you'll have to really work to find documentation. Have you checked local craigslist for some small RV techs in the area?