cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1996 Coachmen Santara 302SA

robmorr
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. I am desperately seeking a unit weight sheet for a 1996 Coachmen Santara 302SA. I cannot register my rv without this information. Specifics the UVW or unladen article weight.

Thanks in advance, Rob
10 REPLIES 10

buttetiful
Explorer
Explorer
I do title work for a living, if they are asking for proven documentation...that's one thing, or can you look up a similar unit and guesstimate? There is no way for them or you TECHNICALLY to check if you are right. You know?

Edit: I'm sure you looked-but have you looked for the GVWR, that's what most DMV's want/base it off anyway-even after explaining that it's wrong.

buttetiful
Explorer
Explorer
Is it an out-of-state title? Or an in-state tile that was previously used. If it was titled in your same state, there shouldn't be an issue with the weight. Did your DMV tell you that you had to have the weight?

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
DMV in some states issue trip permits, low cost and give you some time to transport said vehicle....

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my '98 Coachmen, the sticker is in the back of an overhead cabinet above the sofa in the front living area of the motorhome.

I'm a bit confused as to why you'd care to register a vehicle that is not street legal (unless the lack of plates is the only thing keeping it from being street legal). I think most states require you to assert, as part of the registration process, that the vehicle is in good repair and meets all necessary standards and so forth--in short, you in theory can't legally register a vehicle that isn't street legal. I may be mistaken, though, particularly as the laws do vary from state to state.

You could always hire a tow company to tow it to a scale to be weighed, and then either park it there while you deal with the DMV and get plates to drive it home, or else have it towed back. While not cheap, I think it's often possible to get a little better deal on a tow that is pre-arranged for a convenient time rather than needed in an emergency situation.

robmorr
Explorer
Explorer
It is a 1997. Chassis is 1996
Not on title
Not in closet - I've looked everywhere.
Forest River who bought Coachman told me those records did not get conveyed.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Look inside the clothes closet. That is where the manufacture puts the spec sheet on the side wall of the closet.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

buttetiful
Explorer
Explorer
Or it it on your sticker? Unless it's faded...

buttetiful
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure it's a 1996? I could only NADA that model is a 97. You may want to check the vin.
Also-the weight should/may be on the title. However, NADA does not give weights unless its a 5W or a TT.

Call Coachmen?

robmorr
Explorer
Explorer
Yes that would be the easiest thing to do but the vehicle is not street legal. Long story.

Hemi_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried to see if you can get it weighed at a weigh scale; they can even give you the weight on both axles and a total weight in a print out. This should be good enough for the people at the registration office.