cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1st RV Purchase

mlicona
Explorer
Explorer
I am retiring and have decided to buy an rv. I want the Mercedes chassis with 188 hp diesel turbo. There are many manufacturers of boxes and prices vary quite a bit. I have found a Coachman (Forest River subdivision) Prism 2150 that supposedly has msrp of $95k. I can purchase it with full warranty for $69K. The closest similar second choice I have found sells for $78K. Does anyone have an opinion as to the actual value? It is a scary process as this is a big purchase. My local CampWorld guy cannot believe the price and says it sounds too good to be true as he cannot provide one for under $100k. Any insight or advice is appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think there is an "actual value". The bigger question might be, estimating what the value will be years down the road when you sell or trade. The depreciation on any RV is huge but the lower you buy it for now will help some with that. If you are financing to buy it(not recommended) you don't want to get caught with an upside down loan?
Jayco-noslide

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I found a few dealers willing to beat the price I got from RVDirect.com. If you can get down to that level, it's a very good deal. But it's not too good to be true.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.