cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2000 harney coach ...trick to start?

Maxx_Cars
Explorer
Explorer
I bought this a couple of years ago and it has just sat. Now I want to get it rolling but remember a "trick" was needed to engage starter while turning key. Something on the dash had to pushed/pulled/twisted...I do not know if this was a factory feature or a previous owner interrupted the start wire, Your help would be appreciated ...thanks ! max001@charter.net
8 REPLIES 8

Maxx_Cars
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate all the input.... Mr Wizard- I have 12v output from key cylinder on "start" wire. The fuse at battery on "start" wire is good, connection at battery tight. LVJ58- that is what I suspect. I do not have the total wiring diagram, but busy guy mailed me a set from TX on Friday. Keep the ideas coming.....thank you !

MrWizard
could be the key switch is bad, or could be a blown fuse or loose connection
we have a Safari, iirc harney was built by SMC which was bought by manaco
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
If the start button in the rear works to start engine, you may have an open circuit in the 12v feed from ignition switch to the starter solenoid, just a thought.

Best of luck & let us know when you find the fix..
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

Maxx_Cars
Explorer
Explorer
Busy guy and bdpreece...thank you for your suggestions. Starter will not turn over at key. In order to start I turn on key and use start button at rear of coach. When I bought it I remember being told what needed to be done...and thought that it was possibly a factory design. But Busyguy has a Harney and that one starts normally. I have held key on while trying all switches and buttons on dash...no go. Yet.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Never crossed my mind to tell Max about that. I have an Echo charger on my engine batteries. Hardly ever use the connect switch But may be the trick he was talking about.
Busyguy

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
Could the trick have been to push a battery boost button tying the house and coach batteries together? Not all coaches charge the starting batteries while parked and plugged into shore power.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi
I have a 2000 Harney Renegade Classic and bought it new in Nov 1999. I don't do anything to start it except turn the key. The air brake valve will need to be pushed in after your air pressure builds up to around 100 t0120 psi. That's about all there is to starting it. It does have a preheater on the intake and your light on the dash will go out when the engine is ready to start. You may have to reheat a few time in really cold weather.
If I can help with more info let me know.
Busyguy