Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2002 Forrest River Georgetown 346 S Ford 35' Gas

gabriela
Explorer
Explorer
Hello RVers:

I am considering the purchase of a 2002 FR Georgetown 346 S Class A, which has lowish miles (24K) and has a Ford V-10 Triton engine (I assume on a Ford chassis). Does anyone own this RV, and if so, what has been your experience with it?

I will see it soon. Don't want to jinx it by giving away too many details. Any comments welcome. I am a newbie but have been studying RV life as a hobby since around May and want to jump in. I've driven a 16' rental truck in the past and lived in a trailer once for 4 months--did fine (but my parents were taking care of details on the trailer). I would get help in evaluating the vehicle, of course, from professionals (not just the seller!)

Going to Hershey 2014, can't wait! I may get wrecked there, tho', because those vehicles (Dutch Star, etc.) are very beautiful, but that's not in the budget, just gawking and learning. They're getting too big, those new ones. This is about as big as my lot can take with 35'6" length and it may be a few inches over 8' wide, too. A bit scary driving something that size and I'm sure once I get the hang of it, I'll get a dinghy, too--so now I'd be about 50' long! Wow, real scarey the thought of that. I intend to take professional driving lessons if I am so fortunate to buy the Georgetown.

Sincerely, Gabriela
gabriela is online now Report Post
3 REPLIES 3

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
We have an '02 GT 325 on the F53/V-10 combination. It has two slides. One on the driver's side is about 12' long and contains the dinette and the sofa. The other one, on the sidewalk side is the bedroom. It makes the queen-size bed into a "shuffle-round" when extended. The bedhead is on the moving wall.

Ours is on the 22K chassis. The original owners put just under 12,000 miles on the rig in the 8 years they owned it. We've put another 5,000 on it in four years. It's going to a consignment dealer as soon as I get minor body scrapes fixed and the generator running again.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

FC
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2003 Georgetown 346 DS on the Ford chassis. The difference in the two units is we have a bedroom slide which your unit would not have.We have had this unit since new and it has been and continues to be a good motorhome.I think I even have the Georgetown brochure for 2002 some where in my papers. One thing to check is the rubbers for the slides as they were installed with adhesive and i have had to re-secure them all with fasteners. not a big job.
We love our unit.
I believe that 2003 was the first time Ford installed the Bilistein shocks on the unit and our unit has the 22,000 lb chassis. Some of the units at that time came on the 20,500 lb chassis.
2003 Georgetown 346DS Ford F-53
2008 Pontiac G6 Toad, Blue Ox Aventa LX
Vice President Operations Family Campers & RVers
www.fcrv.org

anconn
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2002 34ft Sea Breeze which I am assuming is on the same chassis as the F/R the Ford F53. Only you can tell by looking at the interior as to the condition and if all the appliances work. I bought mine in 2012 and it had 50,000 mi on it and now am at 75,000 and it is going strong. I make sure it has all the maintenance it needs. The only problem I have is speed going up long hills with my toad behind.
2002 Seabreeze 34' MH
2005 Jeep Liberty