cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2003 National Islander

Mellowmonk
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at buying a 2003 islander and it is priced considerably higher than the blue book value, I am wondering what would be a good price for this coach. It is in excellent condition.
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The Islander was Nationals premier Diesel pusher. It was LOWER than most Class A pushers for its time. That lower profile caused damage to the front and rear cap. Because people tried to go over curbs and such, which you could do with most Diesels. It handles great on the hiway due to its lower profile. Just remember to take care when driving over humps and curbs and such. It was a good Motorhome. Doug

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Consider this. You buy the RV, insure it, and on the drive home itโ€™s totaled. The insurance co. is only going to give you Blue Book regardless of how good a condition it is in. That may be a small risk but are you willing to accept that risk? Secondly, itโ€™s 20 years old - thatโ€™s reality, things happen simply due to age; thatโ€™s part of a Blue Book value. What is it really worth to you?

Personally, Iโ€™d offer Blue Book, if they decline, Iโ€™d give him my telephone number and tell him the offer will stand if he changes his mind.

My personal policy is to never knowingly over pay for anything. I work to hard for my money to do that.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Book? NADA book? Blackbook? Who cares.

The only "book" that ever bought anything is a CHECKBOOK!

Pay what you're comfortable paying, especially if it's the right fit for you.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it ??. It is twenty years old.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu