Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 Couchmen Cross Country 382DS purchase

cnarntz
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at this 2006 Couchmen Cross Country 382DS to purchase
with only 17000 miles.. Has 6 new batteries, and 6 new tires. I'm wondering if this is a good RV. I think I might be able to get it for 50 grand. It looks like its in really good shape. Its got the 300 HP Turbo Cummings Diesel engine, but not sure what the tranny is.

Just wondering if its going to be a good RV, and if I'd be happy with it..

Thanks

CNA
8 REPLIES 8

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
They make a nice RV. There are a lot of happy owners of them. I've looked at them myself on several occasions. 🙂 Let us know what you decide.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

lakebum
Explorer
Explorer
GGeorge wrote:
I have a 2014 50th Anniversary 37LS Encounter w/a V10 engine. I would trade for anything. I will never look at Coachmen again.

Just curious, what are your issues with your 2014? First you are comparing a diesel with a gas model, which to me is not much of a comparison.
Ken & Janice
South Hill, Virginia

GGeorge
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 50th Anniversary 37LS Encounter w/a V10 engine. I would trade for anything. I will never look at Coachmen again.
GGeorge
Marietta, Ohio
2014 Coachmen Encounter
2010 Jeep Liberty

lakebum
Explorer
Explorer
We love ours and actually like the floor plan better than some of the new models.
Ken & Janice
South Hill, Virginia

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Personally I think the Coachman's of that era are a very poor design. Strange floor plans. I also remember that in some to access the engine from the bedroom you must remove the bed. Not very popular. Do not hold their value. Bad cabinetry. Before making a purchase I would look at some other units and compare. Allison might be a 5 speed. Are you sure it is a Cummins? Most of the entry level units in 06 used a C7 Cat.

Moisheh

Moisheh

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
Couchman or Coachman?
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Check the engine out, we opted out of a 2004 Coachman Sportscoach 40' Cross Country since it had the 5.9 300HP Cummins. This the same engine used in the Dodge diesel pickups of that vintage. Depending on what you want to tow it could be lacking power in hilly terrain. At the time the RV was priced @ $118K new at the Indy RV Show or about $50K under Tiffin and Newmars that were similarly equipped, due to basically the engine/ transmission combo. The Tiffins and Newmars were equipped with Cat larger displacement engines with a heavier Allison transmission.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Preacher_Man
Explorer
Explorer
We love our 2004 Coachman 376 DS, it has 322K miles on the 3126e Cat. We've owned it since it was new.
Mark Walter
J-Angel Productions
Web and Media Company
2004 Sportscoach LE 376 DS
Cat 3126E, Allison 3000