cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2007 National Dolphin

jwiz7
Explorer
Explorer
A little help please. I am going to go and look at a 2007 National Dolphin 5355 with 24000 miles either today or tomorrow. I would appreciate any input good or bad before I go and see it. Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
We have an 06 5355 we bought new in 07, has about 37K on it. Still runs and works great.
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
A 2007 MH will have the latest chassis both Ford and Chevy. The Chevy will have the Allison 6 speed transmission. If it is in line with the Nada pricing has no de lamination and every thing works it would be a good MH. How many miles on the eng? How old are the tires? Has all the req maintainance been done like transmission fluid changes?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
IF the Coach batteries on this model are under the entry steps, check the fiberglass mold of the entry steps. National had problems on a few models where after 2 or 3 years the fiberglass dropped down and so did the batteries. National had a recall for this prior to them going out of business. Doug

AZAmmochief
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a 2007 National RV Sea Breeze in 2009. Has been a great buy. However the first thing we did id remove the 90 pound Sony tv from the front overhead console and replace it with a flat screen TV. We just returned from a 6,500 mile trip to the East coast then back to Arizona, not one issue, everything worked as designed. You'll find it a quality RV, as all here have said.

Trumpet_Player
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years, owned three National coaches. All of them were very good quality. Our last National coach was a 2006 Tradewinds. Like the others, a good coach. I was sad to see National go under.

Safe travels.
2012 American Coach Revolution

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
They are well built! Check it out closely for the high dollar items ie:
refrigerator operation
generator
tire ages
roof a/c's
dash a/c and heat
maintenance records(if they have them)
check for water intrusion(look in cabinets and area around the windshield and windows)
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
Though no longer in business, National RV built a quality coach, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Back in 2000 we almost bought a Tropi'cal but DW liked the interior & floor plan of the coach we finally bought.

Good luck & hope it works out for you..:)
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
National went under during the big crash. I owned an 04 Tradewinds for several years. The coach was well built. Few problems, nothing major. There are lots of so called orphan coaches on the road, these rigs are all a collection of parts from manufacturers still in business. Check tire codes as if original they aged out. Also you might post a pick, and give us info on the power train.
Keep us updated
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014