cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 ford edge electronics

j_rb
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a new edge with the electronics package and short of pulling the fuse,I can not find out how to turn the center stack off. The owners manuel says you have leave the key in the ACC position to tow the car, but in another part of the manuel it tells you not to leave the key in the ACC position or you will a dead battery. I don't want loose all my settings by pulling the fuse. Is installing a charge wire the answer and how safe are they?
4 REPLIES 4

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
It may be different on the newer year Edge, but with our '08 Edge, there is one more key position past accessory. If I leave the key in accessory, the radio display is still on, but if I turn it one more position past accessory toward lock, all electronic functions are off. If the transmission is in neutral and the key is turned to this last position before lock, the steering wheel remains unlocked. Never had a dead battery in five years of towing the Edge.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
How safe is a charge line? Every TT and FW on the road has one. I don't see where there would be any inherent risk if it's wired properly.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

I was also going to suggest a +12 volt charge line from the RV to the car. It will pass through up to 15 or 20 amps being used in the car, while towing, and you will arrive with a full battery.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
I have a charge line on mine, ... it's pretty much a no brainer.

7 pin on the coach - 6 pin on the Edge. Use the extra line in the 6 pin for the charge line. Put a fuse at the end connected to the Edge battery, and your done.

This setup wont do much to charge the Edge battery if it's low, but enough to power anything still turned on while towing. It will charge, but at a very slow rate.

You'll never look back ... I've never had so much as a low battery after several hours of towing.
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292