cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Thor Vegas keyless hood latch ?

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
My new Thor Vegas 24.1 has 2 hood latches that require use of a unneeded key. Anyone know what & where I can get to replace em with a keyless latch? Thanks
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"
8 REPLIES 8

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if its even POSSIBLE to remove the battery! LOL
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs

davidgebo
Explorer
Explorer
If a crook can get the battery out from under the hood in a Vegas, hire him as your mechanic. I can barely see the battery, never mind do maintenance on it

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
I had to use a key on my older fleetwood and found keyless latches at my dealer for under 4 dollars.

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
No problem. Thanks
Joe & Charlotte

Gabby & Molly are Dogs

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
jolooote wrote:
Effy, THANKS for that great piece of 'help'. What is a "small inconvenience" to you is a Pain in the A.. to me. Thanks anyway for u'r 'help'...

Sorry, playing devil's advocate. You might end up paying for a lock-free latch and come up short a battery for your efforts. As often as I open the hood on my RV, using another key on the ring doesn't seem much of a PITA. But maybe that's just me. To each his own.

Didn't mean to offend. Good luck.
2013 ACE 29.2

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Effy, THANKS for that great piece of 'help'. What is a "small inconvenience" to you is a Pain in the A.. to me. Thanks anyway for u'r 'help'...
Joe & Charlotte

Gabby & Molly are Dogs

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm confused. If the hood latches are keyed, and you have a key, why is the key not needed? Basically is it that you don't want to bother with a keyed engine compartment? Seems like a small inconvenience over security as much as you get under the hood.
2013 ACE 29.2

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried checking with the manufacturer of your Thor Vegas?? If not, I would start there..

Good luck & safe travels...
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad