cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Camera Monitor not working

Escapade
Explorer
Explorer
I have a ten year old Class A. Our backup camera monitor is not working. I have had to have it turned to bright all the way for several years to get a picture. It is not showing any power and checked the fuses and they appear OK. This is a analog monitor.

Is this monitor just worn out? Can I replace it with a digital monitor with the same wiring from the rear camera?

Just need some comments on what to do. Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

superk
Explorer
Explorer
I dont know much about the existing system, but on my 1999 I could not use the existing wiring. I found a cheap chinese replacement system and installed it without a hitch.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007OOU77G/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B007OOU77G&link_code=as3&tag=ongkojoy0-20

it survived the winter in -40 and still works, I used it today.

Food for thought.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fading image as described is pretty much the CRT going out. LCD monitors are very in expensive on either eBay or Amazon. You shouldn't pay more than $50. The problem you will have is the size might not be a direct fit, as I found when I replaced my monitor. Add a spacer cut from 1/8" ply and hot glued the monitor frame in. Good fit side to side.

I have THIS ONE. Use the second video input via a wireless to a camera on the back of the toad.

2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

alicebradman
Explorer
Explorer
fcooper wrote:
Escapade wrote:
I am seeing prices for a monitor from 110.00 for a 7" LCDMonitor at Rearview Safety to a ADTH replacement Kit for 267.00 at RVCAMS.com? Can't tell what to buy?

What I would do is go to ebay, enter "7 inch lcd monitor" into the search box, and start shopping. You should be able to find one for $30 to $45. I'm using two of these types with no problems.

Fred

So many choices out there. I have seem some good ones at TadiBothers for 7" Monitor and a Backup Camera ($194.00) or a 7" Monitor with Wireless Camera ($224). I'm not sure on eBay but may find some good deals.
Looking for a rv wireless backup camera?

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
our camera wires vibrated loose under the dash. We unplugged it, cleaned it and plugged it back in and it worked again.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

wilanddij
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to try to fixing the power to your current monitor, there is an inline fuse that can be replaced. On my Southie it was located behind the CRT, which had to be completely removed from the dash before the fuse was reachable. I replaced the fuse and changed the power wires to make that job much easier in the future.
Will & Di
2004 Southwind 32VS
Workhorse/8.1
Ford C-Max/Blue Ox
"We have met the enemy, and he is us" Pogo

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Escapade wrote:
I am seeing prices for a monitor from 110.00 for a 7" LCDMonitor at Rearview Safety to a ADTH replacement Kit for 267.00 at RVCAMS.com? Can't tell what to buy?

What I would do is go to ebay, enter "7 inch lcd monitor" into the search box, and start shopping. You should be able to find one for $30 to $45. I'm using two of these types with no problems.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Escapade
Explorer
Explorer

MrWizard
Yes...You can
You might need an adapter plug for the video connection but those are easy to get, and cheap..
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s