cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Georgetown XL

pequeajim
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering what you guys think of the 2015 Georgetown XL? I am comparing the 2015 GEORGETOWN 378XLF to an equivalent model from Holiday Rambler?

I am concerned about the build quality, chassis and ride between the two?

Oh, and I want auto-leveling hydraulic jacks.

Any help is much appreciated.

Jim
Holiday Rambler Arista & Jeep Liberty Toad
14 REPLIES 14

pequeajim
Explorer
Explorer
I just took a test ride in the HR Vacationer 36BR with the rear bath, what a nice coach! Very nicely built. The composite flooring is very thick and looks great. I like it better than tile as the grout tends to dirty quickly and crack. I thought I would not like the rear bath, but the DW loves it and it does grow on you. Now I can take a p@%p in private when she is taking a shower. The coach just 'felt' more solid driving down the road, and no more LCI jacks when I park!

mrfoto
Explorer
Explorer
We were looking at the xl with the tile floors. We noticed on several that the grout was cracking or missing. The dealer told me the factory was shipping him new grout to repair, that it always happens in transit with new models? Scared my wife and I from considering.

pequeajim
Explorer
Explorer
One other thing that occurred to me is of the two coaches we are looking at FR Georgetown XL, and HR Vacationer, HR uses Power Gear Jacks and FR uses LCI. I had the 6 point LCI jacks on my 5th wheel and they gave me NOTHING but trouble. On the other hand, I had Big Foot 4 point jacks on my Georgie Boy for 6 years with ZERO problems. Don't know anything about the Power Gear jacks?

Thoughts?

pequeajim
Explorer
Explorer
You know bobtucker, after the wife and I talked about them, we both decided to steer clear of them if we can. The Georgetown has so many other places where they could sleep, she does not want to give up the wardrobe for them.

The other RV that we have been looking at is the HR Vacationer. I'm going to look at both this Friday.

rstoro
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick note on the bunk beds.. They make great storage for all kinds of use when you don't travel with grandkids we have them and love the extra use we get out of them!

bobtucker
Explorer
Explorer
Think twice about bunk beds. Grandchildren grow up and have other activities, baseball, soccer, girls/boys, etc. Air mattresses work out just fine.

Just a thought.

cjd10
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what year they started but all the Georgetowns have fiberglass roofs, not just the XL models.
Clyde and Elaine
2014 Georgetown 351DS by Forest River
2 Boston Terriers 1 French Bulldog
Rest in Peace Toby

Ramair
Explorer
Explorer
We had the 2012 George Town 378XL and we love the MH. Ride is smooth and the F53 with the V10 has the power we need. We tow our 2012 Chevy Cruze and average 7.5-8 mpg. We have had a couple minor issues but FR has taken care of them under warranty. One thing I will highly recommend is a great dealer they will make or break your experience with the MH. Would recommend to friends and family on the product.
Andrew & Donna Reyes
2012 Georgetown 378 XL

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know the XL also has bigger storage doors and 22.5" wheels, plus other minor details. we have been looking at the Georgetowns and that is the brand we are considering! with the bunks and residential fridge. I would like the XL, but the price difference for weekend trips and a couple of 1-2 week long trips isn`t enough to justify it. now if we were going to travel more than that....then the XL would be the way to go!

I`ll have to pull the brochure out and check on the roof material. I think both Georgetowns have fiberglass roofs.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

pequeajim
Explorer
Explorer
One of the reasons that I like the XL is because of the fiberglass roof. I read in some literature that it is wrapped. What is the outer material? Is it fiberglass?

cjd10
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Georgetown 351 bunkhouse and have been very happy with it. Only issues we have had have been cosmetic and were taken care of by our dealer and Forest River.
Ours is not the XL model but you can probably find answers to any specific questions about the XL in the Georgetown section of the Forest Rivef Forums.
Clyde and Elaine
2014 Georgetown 351DS by Forest River
2 Boston Terriers 1 French Bulldog
Rest in Peace Toby

ocean_bound
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 2006 it has been great every motorhome is made different so just go over it before you sign. Georgetown will give you most bang for the buck. good luck
Allen&carrie 2006 georgetown XL359 37ft

pequeajim
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks FC for the feedback. I am looking at one online and it is the XLF with the bunkhouse; (got to take the grandkids).

FC
Explorer
Explorer
The chassis under the two should be identical, Both Ford and probably 22,000 lb . An upgrade would be the 24,000 lb chassis.
The XL is the higher end of the Georgetown Line and most people who have them are satisfied. The full body paint and the Fiberglass roof are both very nice.
The self leveling jacks should be standard.
Ours is now 11 years old and we love it.
JM2CW
2003 Georgetown 346DS Ford F-53
2008 Pontiac G6 Toad, Blue Ox Aventa LX
Vice President Operations Family Campers & RVers
www.fcrv.org