cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Itasca 27N review

RVMike
Explorer
Explorer
What happened to Winnebago quality? Picked up the coach in late April and have gone 2500 miles. Here are my issues.

1 Most water connections leak after driving 200 miles
2 Water heater board went out.
3 Kitchen faucet defective and flooded basement bays
4 2 kitchen cabinet drawer slides broke
5 after loading for our first weekend trip right side was sagging, had spacer block installed because Winnebago would not cover
6 Caulking cracking on all compartment doors
7 Caulking on front cap to roof cracked and flaking
8 Caulking on rear cap to roof separated
9 Shower enclosure pulling away from wall
10 Entry door rattles so bad I had to put a towel in the jamb to keep it quite
11 Windshield leaked so bad it had to be reset.
12 Defroster fan went out
Almost afraid to take it out again.
Going out in a week so will probably have more
18 REPLIES 18

fredbon
Explorer
Explorer
In my opinion Winnebago is pushing production over competent construction methods. In reading numerous posts over the last four years Winnebago's quality has suffered.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie
Frankie & Scarlett, (The Cats)
2005 Dolphin LX 6375
2006 Saturn VUE

As I've Matured... I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

RVMike
Explorer
Explorer
I actually had a few more issues but I contributed those to it being new. My main concern is all the bad caulking. There already was a recall on the roof to sidewall caulking being possibly bad and all they did was put eternabond on the seam with the bad caulking underneath. Winnabago is aware since they have to approve all these repairs. A letter will go out to Winnebago and then possibly a letter to a lawyer depending on the response. Lemon law is hard to do in Ca.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, Mike!!

Big surprise for me that you have so much in a new unit. Better insvestigate whether the Lemon Law will cover you, I think.

Have you communicated to either your dealer or the manufacturer?

Good Luck and keep us posted, please.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi RVmike,

I'm sorry you are having problems. Any chance of a "do over" with a brand new unit?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.