cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Itasca 27N review

RVMike
Explorer
Explorer
What happened to Winnebago quality? Picked up the coach in late April and have gone 2500 miles. Here are my issues.

1 Most water connections leak after driving 200 miles
2 Water heater board went out.
3 Kitchen faucet defective and flooded basement bays
4 2 kitchen cabinet drawer slides broke
5 after loading for our first weekend trip right side was sagging, had spacer block installed because Winnebago would not cover
6 Caulking cracking on all compartment doors
7 Caulking on front cap to roof cracked and flaking
8 Caulking on rear cap to roof separated
9 Shower enclosure pulling away from wall
10 Entry door rattles so bad I had to put a towel in the jamb to keep it quite
11 Windshield leaked so bad it had to be reset.
12 Defroster fan went out
Almost afraid to take it out again.
Going out in a week so will probably have more
18 REPLIES 18

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
RVMike wrote:
Arch, Got my MH back today. Dennis Dillon RV in Westminster fixed everything my selling dealer could not ( Mike Thompson in Fountain Valley). The work was done on time and they even found a few things that I missed. They are a lot closer than the factory if you are under warranty.

Good to hear Dennis Dillon RV got it all squared away. Nice to find a place that you can trust.

Warranty ran out about 9 years ago... I just buy tape every now and then...
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

RVMike
Explorer
Explorer
Arch, Got my MH back today. Dennis Dillon RV in Westminster fixed everything my selling dealer could not ( Mike Thompson in Fountain Valley). The work was done on time and they even found a few things that I missed. They are a lot closer than the factory if you are under warranty.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
creeper wrote:
RVMike wrote:
What happened to Winnebago quality? Picked up the coach in late April and have gone 2500 miles. Here are my issues.

5 after loading for our first weekend trip right side was sagging, had spacer block installed because Winnebago would not cover

My 38Q has a list that is at least 3 times as long. Then the repairs are so shotty they had to be done over repeatedly.

Does your door sound like this? CLICK

4 tries to fix it so far, now they are telling me it may have to go back to the factory to be repaired for many issues.

I had/have that same squeak in my 2004 Monaco. Like soren said I wrap electric tape around the door latch post (you know, the one your short sleeve catches on when you exit the RV)and the sound goes away for several hundred miles.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, did they tell you what they did to the door?

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks RVMike for the info. I picked it up once and the noise was gone for about a hour of driving and then it came back, which is what the video is of. I'll have to ask about the recall letter. Although I picked it up the other day and the first 15 miles it was quiet and then began coming on.

Besides that CW destroyed one of my tires and put a 80 inch scratch in the side of it, amongst other damage.

RVMike
Explorer
Explorer
creeper, Just picked up the MH and the door noise is gone. Tech said it was the screen door. I only got to 50mph but no noise. Going on a trip Friday so if it comes back will let you know.. While I was waiting for the MH to be brought up front I heard another tech say to another that he had the recall letter for the door lock on the Winnebago in the service bay. Your guess is as good as mine.

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
RVMike wrote:
Creeper, Exact same noise, they told me it was the screen door and not the main door, Will pick it up next week for a trip. hopes it's gone

Please let me know what they find. They've tried to fix mine 4 times already. They keep telling me it's the door lock. I kept telling them it's the screen door.

Thanks Soren, worth a try.

soren
Explorer
Explorer
RVMike wrote:
Creeper, Exact same noise, they told me it was the screen door and not the main door, Will pick it up next week for a trip. hopes it's gone

I have an older Winny with the same lockset. I found the cure for my noise either here, or on irv2.com. I took electrical tape and wrapped around the latch post on the door frame. It takes about 2 or 3 full wraps to do the job. The tape lasts a couple of months, then the latch paw wears through the tape and the obnoxious rattle returns. I know I was a problem in the past because I can see were the previous owner had actually duct taped the top of the door to stop it. I did it to a buddies' Winny and all of his noise disappeared too. Good luck, I hope this helps.

RVMike
Explorer
Explorer

smacdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
RVMike, I did my warranty work through DD as well, really liked the work they did, glad they moved in! I hope you get it all sorted!
2015 Winnebago Vista 35B
1983 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler

RVMike
Explorer
Explorer
smacdiesel, I purchased the mh from Mike Thompson and they are the worst. I would not even let them wash it. Dennis Dillon RV in Westminster is doing all the work even though I did not buy from them (they weren't open yet). They are great to work with and will keep you updated on repairs and delays unlike Mike Thompson where all you ever get is voicemail and no return call

smacdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
Yikes, my water heater had the same problem after a year of service, out of warranty of course. Where did you purchase from, the dealers around OC has probably made your experience even worse.
2015 Winnebago Vista 35B
1983 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
RVMike wrote:

My 38Q has a list that is at least 3 times as long. Then the repairs are so shotty they had to be done over repeatedly.

Does your door sound like this? CLICK

4 tries to fix it so far, now they are telling me it may have to go back to the factory to be repaired for many issues.

richbes
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same unit and picked it up in June. 3800 miles and only a window shade that would not stay up. They replaced it and all is well. Sorry your having so many issues.