cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

91 Holiday Rambler 1000 Generator Fuel Valve ?

Rick_James_Bish
Explorer
Explorer
Jut purchased a used 91 Rambler with Chevy 454. I was aware the GEN was not running but was hoping for an easy fix. When I got it home I determined it was not getting fuel. I do so by supplying an alternate fuel source and it ran. Checked the fuel line and no fuel is getting to the GEN. Fuel pump works.

The troubleshooting for the GEN says to check the Fuel Supply Valve but that may be a generic step that assumes you have one. I have searched my RV and cannot locate a valve. Does anyone know where it might be located ?

Also I was told the RV fuel tank needs to be a certain level for the GEN fuel line to pickup fuel from the tank but cannot seem to find a definite answer. I'm assuming that is a safety precaution to keep you from draining your tank but also seems like an inconvenience in a way. Does anyone know the fuel level requirement ?
3 REPLIES 3

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
Holiday Rambler routinely installed the generator fuel line higher on the tank then the engine fuel line, about at the 1/4 level. So, make sure you have at least a half tank of fuel and the coach is level. That should rule out this as being the cause of lack of fuel.

Good luck. Holiday Rambler made some of the best make RVs back in the days when they were an independent company. We've owned two HR's and have loved both.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your HR.
I would fill the tank at least half way, then you know there is sufficient fuel for the generator.
If that doesn't help, start checking the fuel line and pump.

Please, let us know when you find the problem. Maybe your info will help another member.

dakdave
Explorer
Explorer
most of the time at least a 1/4 of a tank or more. follow the fuel line from the genset to the tank may be rotted off.Could also be weak pump on genset.
dave