cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

97 Bounder Steering Gearbox Leaking

bbyhrrs1988
Explorer
Explorer
I'm hoping someone with way more knowledge than me can help me out. I have a 97 Fleetwood Bounder on a f53 chassis. The other day I notice that the steering gear box is leaking from a bolt on the top side of it. I'm hoping someone can explain to me what this bolt is and maybe help me decide on where to go next. I'll include a link to watch the video.https://youtu.be/Cwzjx_xqaEk
Thanks for any help you guys give.
3 REPLIES 3

Explorer
Explorer
Dump some Lucas treatment in it and see what happens. I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 2500. Power steering pump started leaking and the fluid ran out in about 24 hrs. So just to see how good Lucas really was I refilled the pump with all Lucas. That was a year ago and never had a leak again.

GOOD LUK
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
That bolt might have a crack thru it. If it will come out , you might just try to replace it.

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
That looks like one of the bolts for the control valve housing. The head is actually rusted off.

Looking at the rust on it, you are better off replacing the the gearbox assembly.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY