cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

a/c in rv

ggrotz
Explorer
Explorer
have a 2005 37a pace arrow,workhorse eng.Three mo ago I replaced the rear ac.It does not have any amount of air going to the rear bedroom.I have did everything to get more air.Is it possible that the air duct is plugged? thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
It could be possible but rare. I've seen everything in RV's though from birds nests to dirt dobbers... Is there a damper in your coach that may be stuck?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
ggrotz wrote:
have a 2005 37a pace arrow,workhorse eng.Three mo ago I replaced the rear ac.It does not have any amount of air going to the rear bedroom.I have did everything to get more air.Is it possible that the air duct is plugged? thank you.

If I'm reading you correctly and if you had the proper amount of air volume prior to replacing this ac and now you do not, then you obviously did something wrong during the install.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Did you make sure the new unit ducting was configured the same as the old unit.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

cdl2
Explorer
Explorer
Does your new roof air unit come on?
Do you have ducted air?

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Stick your smart phone up in the duct and take pictures to see what's there. I found ours to a few poorly taped areas and a partial collapse. Once repaired air flow is great.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Using a flashlight and a mirror will allow you to see in to your AC ducts to see if there is an obstruction, which is fairly common. On my coach, I had to make sure that the AC unit was sealed to the duct work so that the output AC air went in to the ducts, instead of out the exhaust.