cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ac’s went off

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
In the heart of hot day my ac’s stopped. Flipped breaker at post and they came back on. Quit again 15 minutes later. Powerline control said no service. Flipped circuit breaker at post and all have been runnig full tilt (3) for about 2 hrs. Initially upon resetting the power control showed i was drawing 50 to 51 amps. It moved. After things cooled a bit it showed 36-37. They were set on auto. Were my 3 units just too much demand until they had cooled things. Initially it was cool went they shut dow. We stepped away while they were running and when returned they were off. Any advice to avoid this is always useful. Sun was beating hard and the later sun was on front of coach. 2013 Itasca Elipse.
18 REPLIES 18

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
When the power cuts out on an A/C unit, it needs to be off for at least a couple of minutes for the high pressure side to bleed off. If started right away there is a strain on the system.
Most surge protectors have a delay when plugged in just for that reason.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
One thing you may wish to check if they seem to be drawing too much current.

When was the last time you cleaned the condensers????? Mine will trip the 20 amp; branch breaker if I don't clean 'em after parking under cottonwoods .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Were my 3 units just too much demand"

Yes
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Must be hot in Madison.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad