cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

advice on selling my rv (prev topic closed for some reason

mags1
Explorer
Explorer
My forum was closed for some reason, but I stop had questions and wanted to respond to some posts, but it won't let me,

Here is the response I was gonna post there tho..

Thanks to everyone for your help, i really do appriciate the advice, it makes me feel better about possibly using craigslist and some of these other places knowing you guys had positive experiences with them. ~~to Charles~~ i hope i didn't come of as that type of person. ~~~ I've just had bad experiences recently while trying to sell it. I've always found forums like this to be great when looking for advice of this type. I'm not an 'RV'r per say, this is only my second one, the last one was nothing like this one and i never tried to sell it, ended you giving it to a friend needing a place got stay. I've listed and bought lots of things on eBay over the years and found it to be great, but apparently not for RVs. And i hadn't really considered craigslist for such a hi priced item with all the horror stories out there. Then there's the money factor, i have no idea what it's worth, it's got options I've never seen on other pleasure ways. Also, how do i factor in the bad stuff, price wise... Like it's got a 2~3" scrape/Rub Mark on the rear fender and a 2" crack-like someone mighta rubbed against something, but not like a dent. There's like 3 paint chips near the driver door handle and 1/2 inch each. Theres 2 thin lines of stains running down the back from run off of the gutter track i guess (Anyone know how to get rid of those) ~it's not rust-...Oh and the tires are starting to get a few tiny cracks on the sides here n there~so id warn theyd need replaced soon, tho I've had no issues. ... Plus it's got a TracVision in motion satellite dome up top. ... What do you think is a fair price that's gonna sell fairly fast, yet not so low that I'd be stupid to sell it so cheap?

For instance, the "we buy junk cars" guy offered 6-7k site unseen,... So I imagine that's TOO low, eBay average runs 17-24k ish, usually on the higher scale... Would me asking 14-15k be too high to expect it to sell reasonably fast? Is that too much to ask considering, too low? I don't wanna under value it too much and scare buyers away thinking it's a scam, I'd honestly take less for a quicker~easier sell, but considering I need the money I'm not trying to give it away either..
0 REPLIES 0