cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air bags slow to inflate

AikenRacer2
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2012 Thor Tuscany 42' tag axle. Have had it since new. It seems like it is taking longer for the air bags to inflate that it use to after the air pressures are up. This past week end when leaving the campsite, they did not inflate until I lowered the jacks again and raised them back up. The two air pressure gauges on the dash rise to normal pressures but the motorhome just does not rise like it use to. Not real sure where to start trouble shooting. Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

AikenRacer2
Explorer
Explorer
Great info! Are the ride height arms something that can be lubricated?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The leveling system has no effect on your problem. What does have an effect on your problem is the ride height arms which are a Chassis part. Usually when the tanks show full and the air bags fail to inflate correctly, it is due to the Ride height arms sticking. To release them in these type cases, you make sure the jacks are retracted and the tanks are full. Then put the RV in drive and allow it to creep forward 5 to 10 feet. STAB the brakes hard, this will cause the chassis to nosedive and usually this will release stuck ride height arms. Doug

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you check to see if you hear air leaking?

I assume you are draining the water off the tanks or is it automatic.

AikenRacer2
Explorer
Explorer
It is an Ultra Level leveling system.