cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anti lock brakes, speed control on W22 workhorse

couldbjim
Explorer
Explorer
I am having a problem with the anti lock brake light coming on . It does not stay on and the cruise control quit working plus the brake lights quit also. I have a gulfstream W22 workhorse 2005 model. I have checked all the sensors and fuses and I do not see any problems. I was hoping someone could tell me if there is something under the dash I could check or what I need to look for....thank you....Jim
4 REPLIES 4

snowbird47
Explorer
Explorer
Couldbjim, did you ever resolve this problem? We have a 2004 mountain aire w-22 workhorse and have the same problem. No brake lights, cruise control won't work and the abs light stays on.
2004 Mountain Aire 3778
2002 Tracker
3 Chihuahuas, Bo, Sissy, and Tia.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Under the hood is a shaft that rotates as you push on the brakes. By 2005 I believe that they added a Zerk fitting to lubricate the rotating portion of the brake linkage. If this has not been lubricated regularly, it may prevent your brake pedal from fully releasing, which can cause your cruise control to stop working, and possibly cause your ABS brake sensors to overheat. .

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was having some issues with my brake lights staying on and the cruise not engaging. Seems the brake pedal was not returning properly.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
With the brake lights not working I would be looking at the brake light switch. Because the cruise control is also depending on the Brake lights to turn the cruise off, both problems are probably related. The ABS light can just be a dirty wheel sensor. They are not that hard to remove and clean with some "Brake clean"

Here is a link to Omey's web site that shows how to clean the
ABS sensors. When it comes up find "tech Tips" on the left and then click on #8, ABS sensrs.
Oemy's Tech tips
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD