cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Started to look into some water damage in the kitchen of our 83 Pace Arrow. The more I looked, the more I found. I have some pics of the damage so far. Anyone interested in following a rebuild thread?
If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.
8,452 REPLIES 8,452

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
RedRollingRoadblock wrote:
For us it is a convection/microwave, built in, and an air fryer. The air fryer is a hand-me-down from our daughter, they liked it but with four kids it couldn't keep up.

Between them the wife can cook about anything we want. Last trip out the micro died and we spent four days cooking on the air fryer and fired up the stove a couple of times and she hates using the stove.

The air fryer is to big to store inside so I had it outside for awhile, but now we just stash it under the dinette for travel.

Cool. Thanks.

Are you aware there is an attachment for the Instant Pot which turns it into an air fryer? it goes on the top in place of the pressure lid.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sad to see someone calling their wife an appliance! I know it was a joke and so was this!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
my wife!

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Over the stove Convection/Microwave, toaster, coffee maker, cast iron pan and Instant Pot (3 quart is all 2 people need)!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
For us it is a convection/microwave, built in, and an air fryer. The air fryer is a hand-me-down from our daughter, they liked it but with four kids it couldn't keep up.

Between them the wife can cook about anything we want. Last trip out the micro died and we spent four days cooking on the air fryer and fired up the stove a couple of times and she hates using the stove.

The air fryer is to big to store inside so I had it outside for awhile, but now we just stash it under the dinette for travel.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
While discussing kitchen appliances, the question comes up as what to take or leave behind.

So, I'll pose the question to you. What kitchen appliances are "must haves".

Something you absolutely, positively, will not leave home without, or if you are fulltiming, what would be a deal breaker?

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Bill1374 wrote:
Glad it was light there, my home got 35 inches. However, as a snowbird, it was kind of cloudy here and we only got 6 or 7 inches of sun.
Hope it doesn't postpone your project too much.

Ouch! That would be a little tough to remove.

Bill1374
Explorer
Explorer
Glad it was light there, my home got 35 inches. However, as a snowbird, it was kind of cloudy here and we only got 6 or 7 inches of sun.
Hope it doesn't postpone your project too much.
KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Well, they missed it somewhat. I guess 5 - 8 is better than 10 - 16. Still a mess to clean up.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Sitting here watching it snow. Just waiting on the rest of the 10 - 16 inches of it to fall! ๐Ÿ™‚

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Here are a pair of pictures that I attempted to show the taper for the window slide grip and how it works with a finger.

There is just enough taper, and depth, that allows the fingers to get in there, and not slip out when sliding the plywood.

The fingers are pushing side to side and not being pulled towards yourself, so it works just fine.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Here is a little more detail to the "handle".

As you can see, the edges are not straight. I used a router bit that cuts about a 30 degree taper. There is just enough surface area to grab hold of the plywood and since the sides are tapered, the fingers tend to stay put while applying pressure to move the plywood.

By the way. When these runners are done correctly, it doesn't take a lot of pressure to move the plywood.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Next was to pull the plywood out again, and cut a slot in said plywood. The plywood is 1/2" thick.

I routed out a section about 4" long and about 1.5" wide. This was also cut 5/16" deep. That left enough "beef" in there to satisfy me, and still allow room for the fingers to grab ahold to move the plywood.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Then it was time for another test fit, and a test "slide" just to make sure it was going to do, what I wanted it to, and it did.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Here is the wax I used. This is in a mostly "natural" color, but it does come in some darker shaded colors, if that is the look you are going for.