cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone traveling yet

We have been ready to go since end of Feb. First destination is still closed and not much sense in going unless we can see the sites along the way
101 REPLIES 101

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
JC2 wrote:
Wonder how many of the naysayers/non-believers would be willing to take their family camping in NY, GA, CA and other high risk areas. :R

Just did this past weekend
Not saying Im a naysayer or non-believer... I just believe in reasonable precautions. We were better socially distanced camping than here in town.

For a different perspective, see what the illustrious governor of New York recently said

With everything weโ€™ve done โ€“ closed schools, closed businesses, everybody shelter at home, all the precautions about where a mask, where gloves, etc. โ€“ you still had 600 new cases that walked in the door yesterday,โ€ Gov. Andrew Cuomo said. โ€œWhere are those new cases still coming from, because weโ€™ve done everything we have to close down? How are you still generating 600 new cases every day?โ€

In trying to answer why patients keep being brought in and what their backgrounds are, a stunning finding jumped out. That shocking detail: Of all the places patients come from, like nursing homes and so on, most โ€“ 66% โ€“ were said to be social distancing at home.

The three day survey looked at 113 hospitals, getting back more than 1,200 responses

Not only does the results suggest they were not in subways, in taxis, for-hire vehicles, or otherwise on public, it finds that they left their houses not at all.

Eighty four percent were at home, literally. Were they working? No. They were retired or they were unemployed,โ€ Cuomo said.

When you take away the percentages of those not working or retired you are left with just 17%, including essential workers in close contact with the public.

โ€œWe were thinking maybe we were going to find a higher percentage of essential employees who were getting sick because they were going to work. That these may be nurses, doctors, transit workers. Thatโ€™s not the case, and they were predominantly at home,โ€ Cuomo said.
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
dodge guy wrote:
JC2 wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
Flu season: 35.5 million illnesses - 34,200 deaths
Covid: 1.2 million illnesses - 72,400 deaths (so far)

No comparison what so ever.

And I believe the Covid death totals in this country have occurred in just 3-4 months.?

And have been improperly reported resulting in the ridiculously high amount of deaths.

Yup, it is all just a conspiracy, but the smart people know it is a scam. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Liked I said. No cure or vaccination for Carona Virus yet. Still dying like flies in MD, NY, etc and probably the only reason the numbers are as low as they are is because of the precautions most have taken.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
JC2 wrote:
Wonder how many of the naysayers/non-believers would be willing to take their family camping in NY, GA, CA and other high risk areas. :R

I would have no problem with it!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
JC2 wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:

And I believe the Covid death totals in this country have occurred in just 3-4 months.?

And have been improperly reported resulting in the ridiculously high amount of deaths.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
...this all started (I) havenโ€™t died (yet)?

I can make a thousand morbid jokes and memes just on this. :E

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
JC2 wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:

And with the clueless and thoughtless people, some of which inhibit this site, CDC was kind enough to double the death estimates to 134,000.

As I said, I don't mind doing what you want, just not go near me to infect me or my family.

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
"CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018โ€“2019 influenza season."

Where was the outcry when the 2018-2019 flu season was killing people. All the virus cops here were pretty danged silent. None of them were telling us to follow the doctors orders and stay home. In fact nobody was saying anything. No social distancing, no closed businesses, no stay at home orders, no nothing. Why not??? It wasn't an election year.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
ferndaleflyer wrote:
Privileged!!!! Entitled!!!! The speed limit is not for them, the red lights and stop signs are not for them, and the virus restrictions are not meant for them.....but they cry the loudest when they get a speeding ticket, or have an accident because they ran a red light or stop sign, and they will also blame everyone else IF they catch this virus.

Fact is most of have had it and moved on and we didnโ€™t even know we had it! I believe my wife had it back in Dec and me in Feb. but it wasnโ€™t a big deal then. We just felt like we had the flu. My wife had a cough for a month she couldnโ€™t get rid of. Then it was gone. So yes, the sick and elderly should stay safe at home and those of us healthy enough continue on with our lives!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
jarata1 wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Yep, I plan to do do what I want when I want. If I want to go camping I will find a place and go. If you are so worried then stay home and hide in the closet! I for one have been doing the same thing I have always done since March! Iโ€™ve been going to work everyday working on different cars daily.

All this Covid โ€œstuffโ€ has gotten so out of hand itโ€™s become laughable. The elderly and sick should stay home and be safe. Let everyone else get back to a normal life!

Hard to imagine some people think this way.Nit sure itโ€™s laughable to the 10s of thousands that died in America alone

You mean the padded numbers that have been reported. It has been slowly coming out that many of the deaths reported as Covid are not from that at all! So yes I will say this. And how come all the โ€œessential workersโ€ that have been working since this all started havenโ€™t died?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

Privileged!!!! Entitled!!!! The speed limit is not for them, the red lights and stop signs are not for them, and the virus restrictions are not meant for them.....but they cry the loudest when they get a speeding ticket, or have an accident because they ran a red light or stop sign, and they will also blame everyone else IF they catch this virus.

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Yep, I plan to do do what I want when I want. If I want to go camping I will find a place and go. If you are so worried then stay home and hide in the closet! I for one have been doing the same thing I have always done since March! Iโ€™ve been going to work everyday working on different cars daily.

All this Covid โ€œstuffโ€ has gotten so out of hand itโ€™s become laughable. The elderly and sick should stay home and be safe. Let everyone else get back to a normal life!

Hard to imagine some people think this way.Nit sure itโ€™s laughable to the 10s of thousands that died in America alone