cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone traveling yet

We have been ready to go since end of Feb. First destination is still closed and not much sense in going unless we can see the sites along the way
101 REPLIES 101

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Everybody go outside and go camping, it's safer out there than staying home. NY Gov Cuomo found out that 66% of the new covid patients in his state came from home while 18% came from nursing homes. Time magazine published a story that said wearing a mask protects others from you, not you from them. If you're sick then wear a mask. If you're not sick wearing a mask ain't gonna help. Just repeating what the story said.

I have also recently found, through camping and interacting with others, that people with military, police, and fire backgrounds are most likely NOT to be scared to death by this flu bug. The rest of the population are petrified of dying from this bug that has over a 98% chance rate of recovery. When this mess is over and cooler heads prevail I bet is we'll all see that this beer bug wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
This discussion/argument has gone on in an untold number of threads, and neither side is going to convince the other to change.

There's one side that is unwilling to venture outside of home unless absolutely necessary and don't want to open up anything until the virus is eradicated and there is a vaccine. Regardless of what we learn along the way that might enlighten people and should cause some to rethink.

Then there's the group that looks at things a little more objectively, and don't apply a one size fits all solution. It's not that folks on this side don't care, or don't have any concerns, it's just that you can't freeze everything in time and hide inside until this thing goes away.

It's pretty telling when over half of the deaths occur in the highest population areas, despite the direction to stay at home. 5000 deaths alone based on a decision to direct assisted living homes that they must, by law, admit COVID patients. Talk about criminal!

For those of you who feel that the only way people on the other side will believe is if something happens to someone close to them, well, I view that as lashing out because we don't agree with you. It has nothing to do with whether or not we believe this virus is real, but again, there's not a one size fits all approach.

No one yet has made a single convincing argument about why it's dangerous or selfish to go camping in a state park that is open, and more than ample space to exceed all social distancing requirements. The argument about contact along the way is a ridiculous one, especially when you can make it to your destination on one tank of fuel. And I am quite sure the same people who don't want to go anywhere do fuel up locally (although clearly not as much.

In the end, each side is right in their mind, and each one is wrong in the others mind.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
We are being cautious now that things are starting to open we are heading out of az and heading north

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
jarata1 wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
JC2 wrote:
Wonder how many of the naysayers/non-believers would be willing to take their family camping in NY, GA, CA and other high risk areas. :R

I would have no problem with it!

sometimes not even worth arguing

I know what you mean!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
I am a 25 year Law Enforcement veteran and none of us at my 138+ sworn member agency are wearing masks while on duty.
While I truly appreciate your service, if you decided to approach me you would be hard-pressed to get me to interact. I would not appreciate your lack of care for my well-being.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
We did a trip last week from Minnesota to Indiana to make the purchase of our new-to-us Tiffin Allegro Open Road. Stayed at KOA's in Illinois and Indiana with no problem since we were from out of state. No concerns or issues--so nice to have light traffic in Chicago! I am a 25 year Law Enforcement veteran and none of us at my 138+ sworn member agency are wearing masks while on duty. Just using common sense and practicing good hygiene like we all probably should during the flu season every year.
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
How many naysayers are willing to lose their loved ones? It probably not you that will get it, but someone close to you. For some, that is what it will take to understand. They can't even read history and understand. Their minds can't wrap around it as they have never been inconvenienced in their lives. It very sad.

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
JC2 wrote:
Wonder how many of the naysayers/non-believers would be willing to take their family camping in NY, GA, CA and other high risk areas. :R

I would have no problem with it!

sometimes not even worth arguing

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yep. Travelled twice. Took the RV to the dealer for a free systems inspection and state inspection, then drove her home. Then we took her back for a failing bearing and a recall fix.

That's about as exciting as RV travel has gotten lately...
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
If one leaves the city, and heads out camping, while maintaining social distancing requirements, are you helping your fellow city citizens?

Seems to me answer is yes

Mike

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
NY Gov Cuomo was just on the news saying, of the recent covid hospitalizations in his state, 66% of the patients came from home while 18% came from nursing homes. My math says that works out to 84% of patients have been in "lock down". Seems to me that staying home, as everyone is telling us to do, is the leading cause of contracting the covid virus. Maybe the CDC doesn't know every thing.

If you don't want to go outside then don't. But don't get on me and others for our decision to go camping and venture outside, to live our lives. It's still a free country despite what some what us to believe.

Maybe, but states and cities have the superior right to protect the lives and health of their citizens.

And the citizens have the rights to protect themselves from you. -- specially if you are violating their state and city's regulations meant to protect them.

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Agree 100 percent, will be leaving for Northern Vermont in a week
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
NY Gov Cuomo was just on the news saying, of the recent covid hospitalizations in his state, 66% of the patients came from home while 18% came from nursing homes. My math says that works out to 84% of patients have been in "lock down". Seems to me that staying home, as everyone is telling us to do, is the leading cause of contracting the covid virus. Maybe the CDC doesn't know every thing.

If you don't want to go outside then don't. But don't get on me and others for our decision to go camping and venture outside, to live our lives. It's still a free country despite what some want us to believe.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Study shows the virus spreads more quickly in confined areas than in outdoors.

Okay all you hermits.. get out and spread out!

Mike

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walaby wrote:
JC2 wrote:

Just did this past weekend
Not saying Im a naysayer or non-believer... I just believe in reasonable precautions. We were better socially distanced camping than here in town.

For a different perspective, see what the illustrious governor of New York recently said

With everything weโ€™ve done โ€“ closed schools, closed businesses, everybody shelter at home, all the precautions about where a mask, where gloves, etc. โ€“ you still had 600 new cases that walked in the door yesterday,โ€ Gov. Andrew Cuomo said. โ€œWhere are those new cases still coming from, because weโ€™ve done everything we have to close down? How are you still generating 600 new cases every day?โ€

In trying to answer why patients keep being brought in and what their backgrounds are, a stunning finding jumped out. That shocking detail: Of all the places patients come from, like nursing homes and so on, most โ€“ 66% โ€“ were said to be social distancing at home.

The three day survey looked at 113 hospitals, getting back more than 1,200 responses

Not only does the results suggest they were not in subways, in taxis, for-hire vehicles, or otherwise on public, it finds that they left their houses not at all.

Eighty four percent were at home, literally. Were they working? No. They were retired or they were unemployed,โ€ Cuomo said.

When you take away the percentages of those not working or retired you are left with just 17%, including essential workers in close contact with the public.

โ€œWe were thinking maybe we were going to find a higher percentage of essential employees who were getting sick because they were going to work. That these may be nurses, doctors, transit workers. Thatโ€™s not the case, and they were predominantly at home,โ€ Cuomo said.

Bingo! Despite what some people think you can't control nature! If you think you can then you are just as foolish as those that think they will never get it!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!