cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Appreciation for advice

dancingypsyspir
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for further info and comments! I've discovered the high price of renting an RV and will check shorter rental periods.
The research continues.
Happy travels!
Maria
3 REPLIES 3

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Maria,

The learning curve was that now when I pick up the rv from storage (for example if I fly somewhere instead of driving), I have no place to "stage" the trip from. Always before I could bring the RV home--and then take a couple of days to get it ready to roll.

Now when I pick it up instead of days--I have hours.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

dancingypsyspir
Explorer
Explorer
It's a good idea to buy a good used RV rather than rent one if you know something about RV"s.
Since I've never driven one and know very little about them, I've decided to
rent one for 2 weeks just to see what it feels like. I know this is not long enough to find out if I want to do it full time but at least I'll have a dependable rig.
In the meantime, I'll spend this year going to many RV shows, looking at used ones, asking tons of questions re pros and cons of various models, reading the comments in the forum, etc. Then I'll be more ready to know what to look for in a used one for a trip next winter.By then I hope that my learning curve won't be as steep as yours!
Thanks, Maria

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Maria,

I'd suggest looking for a good used Class C, rather than renting. If you decide RV'ing is not in your blood, then it would be easy to sell it.

Renting for a short time is not going to help you decide.

I've been Rv'ing since 1956, and now as an adult for the last 12 years doing at least 60 days per year, but when I went "full time" Oct 2, 2013 it was a REAL eyeopener for me. (translation I thought I was ready, but there was a steep learning curve.)
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.