Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

CharlesOK
Explorer
Explorer
My first question would be. Do you have the outside flap assembly mounted on the outside? If you do, what do you see when you open the outside plastic flap, which is held down by two little plastic bits, which turn to release? If you see only sidewall under the flap, I would contact your Trail-lite dealer and ask them to ask R-Vision to make things right, even if your not still under warranty. If there is a hole behind the flap, where does it go? If there is no hole, or outside assembly, I would still contact Trail-lite to find out if there is any electrical wiring in that area. Your dealer will not know the answer to that question. I know that R-vision does not ordinarily run wires inside the sidewall, but, I would be sure before I start making holes in the sidewall.

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Gary, before you try to cut stainless steel, which is tough,(I used to teach metal shop) remove the hood. Most hoods have pre-cut areas for attachment to the vent. I also don't think duct tape is adequate. Please, re-con the area before you do anything that might create more work and aggravation.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

gkreutzer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information. Looks like I'm going to have to cut thru the stainless steel on the back of the hood to create an opening. That should be fun. I guess Duct Tape will have to close the gap between the hood and the exterior vent. I first noticed the missing vent when the smoke detector kept going off when cooking even with the exhaust fan on. Well, no wonder! Now I just unscrew the smoke detector and turn on the Fantastic Fan when cooking anything on the stove top. I like the idea of clear silicone to stop the rattle of the plastic cover while traveling. Thanks again all.
โ€”Gary
2003 Trail-Lite 211 B-Plus LE
Chev. 6.0L Vortex

It's more than a motorhome,
It's a car I can go to the bathroom in.
โ€“ Homer Simpson

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
I can reach my flap locks with no trouble, but it did rattle even when they were in lock position while riding. So, I put a thin layer of clear silicone on the the mating surfaces and that noise is gone.
Jeannie, my 05 213 is on an 04 chassis. No worries.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

dmartin2
Explorer
Explorer
jeanniewes wrote:
...... that says it is a 2002. NOW we're confused. I do pray he finds that is not so since we paid for what we thought was a 2003 and our INsurance says such etc.......

It isn't unusual for a camper's chassis to have rolled off the manufacturer's finish line the calender year before the finished camper rolls off the camper manufacturer's finish line.

That's the case with my Born Free.

Dave

CharlesOK
Explorer
Explorer
Ours just goes straight out thru the wall in the 251, next to the entry door. I like our set up because I can reach the flap locks from the step. On other rigs, the kitchen fan was on the off-side and I could not reach the locks easily without a stool. One more hassle. Now I just open the door, reach outside and flip the locks if I want to use the vent hood fan unit. Of course, the wind then reminds me when I drive off with the locks not secure. Hope this helps.

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Mine goes right thru the wall, to an exterior flap/hood. I don't remember 211 floor plan. Isn't the range hood on an exterior wall?
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

gkreutzer
Explorer
Explorer
Could someone describe what the hookup of the exhaust fan to the outside vent looks like on your stove top? I'll have to fabricate this myself. Just wonder how the opening was cut and how it connects outward. Thanks for looking.
โ€”Gary
Chev. 6.0L Vortex

โ€“ Homer Simpson

ELCAMINOGUY
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear that you are happy with the B+ and that you are having a great time. I will be taking delivery on a new Coachmen Concord B+ in the next few weeks. I have had three "A" s and one "C" in the past. Really looking forward to some enjoyable wheel time.

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Probably a 2003 coach on a 2002 chassis. This is common practice in the RV industry. Manufactures have to use up last years chassis before they build on the new ones. Not a big deal unless there has been a redesign of the chassis, and you get stuck with the old one. In that case there should be a price break.

jeanniewes
Explorer
Explorer
ummm my husband finally had time to check the vehicle over thoroughly. He said the batter cable needed work, it was rusting and then it broke. He says he is quite confused. They sold it too us telling us it is a 2003 but he has found something that says it is a 2002. NOW we're confused. I do pray he finds that is not so since we paid for what we thought was a 2003 and our INsurance says such etc. He's gone to get a new battery cable and then I guess he'll check it our more. If he sees it is a 2002 INSTEAD of a 2003 then he will have to call the place we bought it. The papers we signed says 2003. I am in hopes there is just some sort of mistake..

About other forums: Well, I go to a couple of Christian forums. We speak about MANY different things. We pray for one another. We share problems and disappointments. We share photos of vacations, etc. They are more active than this forum but I understand why that is since it was started by one person. What I like about THIS forum is one can ask questions reguarding our motorhomes/rvs and share something that may help someone else...sooooooo yes, I'll be checking in from time to time...;)

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
I close the tabs on the hood as well, but we do use it, and it does a good job.However, it always rattled even with the tabs closed, until I siliconed portions of it.
You definitely have a mfr. defect there.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
gkreutzer - You may find this unusual, but we have not used our exhaust hood. I merely closed the little tab from the outside to keep the flap from rattling. When we travel, we are both on vacation and neither cooks. Munchies, cold sandwiches, etc. tide us over between prepared restaurant meals.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

gkreutzer
Explorer
Explorer
I discovered a strange thing with my stove top exhaust fan. It is not connected to the exterior exhaust vent. Not even a hole cut into the back of the hood to connect to the vent. There are two small slits on each side of the hood but nothing but solid metal on the back wall in front of the exterior vent. I'm thinking this must have been a factory screw up but wonder if anyone can tell me how their exhaust hood is connected to the exterior vent. All the exterior vent does is rattle as we drive down the road.
We just got back from a 7000 mile loop around the west. Great trip. Rig ran great, but oh those Canadian gas prices!
Chev. 6.0L Vortex

โ€“ Homer Simpson

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Jeannie,
great shopping idea!
I'm not sure what kind of forums you mean, but this is a thread started by one person regarding one vehicle, and it's amazing how it's basically stayed true to one style and limited to just a few brand names, with no regulation on our part. You already know how nice everyone is here. Just keep us up to date! We all have tips and horror stories!!
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite