Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Took the RV out for its inspection and for an exercise after sitting for about 50 days.

Really noticed a good thump when taking off from a stop and reaching the first automatic trans shift (10 mph). The next shift (20-25mph) seemed tolerable, and even smoother shift at 40mph. At each stop and takeoff shift at 10 mph, the hard bump shift remained the same even after warming up.

Its the '05 6.0 chevy with 27000 miles. Any ideas as to tests to conduct to determine what it is likely to be? )Trans or maybe Universal joint)? Is it a big concern? We don't think it has been this noticeable before.

Thanks for any advice.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same one...in yellow!!
Thanks!!
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
cheeze1 wrote:
I wonder if a stud finder could locate the aluminum struts?
The magnetic kind will not, but the electronic density type will. ๐Ÿ™‚

Like this one at your Sears store.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
First day: down to the rug. Its amazing tho'. The furniture fabricators must belong to the " if one staple is good, then 20 should be better" school of construction. Seems that using plywood would have been a lot easier and stronger. I'm now going to be building a second base for the base part of the couch.It unbolts easily from the frame.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if a stud finder could locate the aluminum struts?
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
cheeze1 - In your 11/16/08 12:27 pm posting you ask a couple questions on sidewall construction. I have a roof construction plan and a side construction plan for a model 211-S that I had gotten from R-Vision. I had been to the factory near Warsaw, IN and watched them construct the walls. They are constructed with aluminum square tubing 1" x 1-1/2" sandwiched between the exterior fiberglass sheet and the interior luan sheet with insulation between the ribs. The wiring is pulled through plastic conduit embedded in the insulation. The aluminum tubing is drilled to pass the plastic conduit. The sidewalls are not constucted like a house with studs so many inches on center. They seemed to frame around the windows and other openings then extend to the perimeter. The roof on the other hand was about 24" on center. Depending on the load being transferred to the wall, I would think the expandable molly bolts should work for most applications.
Gene

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
cheeze1 wrote:
Ha! Funny you should mention that! I'm working on that now!!
I just ordered 4 of these:
http://www.hardwaresource.com/Store_ViewProducts.asp?Cat=787

Clicky Thingy
Gene

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Update on Design:
The flip up bench extension seems to be impossible to engineer the way I want it. I consulted with my DW and she can up with a similar fix to Gary's bed extension. Some kind of hangers like Gary used, and the extension will be stored under the bench. Going to get Ms. 213 in a couple of hours and begin!!:@
:E
OK, she is home. I have an electrical box between the water tank and the exterior wall. I need some of that distance for my couch/bed. Can I mount the box on the wall?
:S
AND, can I put screws in the outside wall for mounting cleats? I see that the present dinette uses them now.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
burlmart wrote:
Does anyone remember these?

A 1987 Allegro on an Astro chassis.

A B+ in all respects!
When considering a used RV a few years ago, I considered this one, but the floor plan and single rear wheels turned me off.

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Ha! Funny you should mention that! I'm working on that now!!
I just ordered 4 of these:
http://www.hardwaresource.com/Store_ViewProducts.asp?Cat=787
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Very informative. I would like to see where the flip up dinette benck back is when down and when up.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Completely to scale, :B if you look closely, the base is the current floorplan.
The program is Google SKETCHUP. Its free, and I VERY HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who likes to fool around with plans on the computer. There is too much to tell you here, but I just got done folding the bench up and down and folding out the 'flip up." Just go to Google, click on 'more' and its down 2/3 on the right.
Btw, in the Sketchup Program, I can walk around and thru the plan in 3d.:h
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

markopolo
Explorer
Explorer
Fantastic! Look at all the aisle space. Accessing the overhead cupboards will be easier. Is it to scale?

What program did you use?
1997 Custom Van - GMC 6.5l Turbo diesel
My Profile
My Website

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
My apologies for the VAST size of the plans. I can remove them if anyone objects.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite