Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

kellymisty
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, Burlmart,

Re: surge protectors

I think the two most recommended are the Progressive Industries one and the SurgeGuard, though I don't think the latter, in this model, has polarity tester. I know people have found them at better prices than on this site, so it might be worth looking around a bit.

Regards, Kelly

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
This conversation is getting WAAAAAAAAY off topic.

I hope it doesn't get this thread closed down.

It's a great conversation about B's. Pets belong in the pet forum.
Lee

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I am not carrying our cats in the motorhome, but wonder how people think about the "seatbelt" or strap them down type carriers.

In the event of a sudden stop, whatever is not strapped down immediately launches itself at the speed you were travelling just before the impact. The very idea of Fifi or Fido being launched forward, and whether or not one of us (both strapped in) might be in the impact line of fire of said launched animal would be bloody awful.

It would be an interesting poll. Are your pets and their cages secured in case of an impact?

Mike
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

TrueLarry
Explorer
Explorer
Jeanniewes,

We had a dog that hated to travel so we generally let him stay with friends. However, a few times we did travel with him, we gave him about 1/3 tablet of Benadryl and that did help him quite a bit. He was about 18 pounds. We have read various articles that say you shouldn't give dogs benadryl but our little mutt was close to 18 when he finally died so I guess the benadryl didn't hurt him any.

Our present dog, a rescue Shih Tzu, starts off trembling but once we are headed down the road and she knows she's not going to the vet or the groomer she does fine. I will say that she does much better in the GMC Envoy where she can lay on top of luggage and see out than she does in the RV where she can't look out the windows. Also the RV is noisier than the Envoy. I've been trying to figure out how we are going to take care of that. Maybe if we strap a big pillow on the sofa so she has a cushy place to lay and she can see out, she will be happy.. Lol, what we humans do to take care of our fur babies...

jeanniewes
Explorer
Explorer
lol We use a lot of bungies too and for many different things....

I've been away this past week. My best friend won a trip for TWO too New York city. Her husband nor her son would go with her so she asked me. We had a good time and learned a lot of things. The most important thing I learned is that NEW YORK CITY was tooooooooooooo humid, toooooooooooooooo many people and tooooooooooo NOT FOR ME....lol

Ellie would freak out IF I tried putting her in a crate. It took me forever too get her too use the dog house when she's on the back deck, I'm away a few hours and it rains. She will use the dog house only then. Betty=boop would do well as she's been crate trained by the neighbor...Our Ellie would most likely have a heart attack! lol

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the NEW FLOOR in your Motorhome!!!! It will be much easier too keep clean than carpet...Just sweep and damp mop. That was such a GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

birdbybird
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding how the dog crates are held down.....There are eye bolts that were placed on the wood panel on the side of the frig. and there are two eye bolts and a series of bungies holding the other two crates and the extra camp chairs next to the wall and wrapped around the back of the passenger's chair. I love my bungies.....
Christine

22ft BT Gulfstream MH
Chev 350 engine
and the four furry companions:Herschel, Stuart, Blondie and Remi

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
cheeze1 wrote:
I know this has been covered elsewhere, but what do the bretheren and sisteren think about inverters and surge protectors(the expensive centrally wired kind)?

I would be interested in an inexpensive device that

a) simply tests the CG power pole receptacle before I plug in the power cord, or else
b) a surge protector that simply plugs into the CG power pole.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

kellymisty
Explorer
Explorer
We had an electrical problem earlier this spring that cost $$$ to diagnose and fix. Even though an EMS would not have been useful to prevent that problem, my husband, who loves gadgets, decided to install the Progressive hardwire EMS, I guess on the principle that electrical problems can be hard to track down and expensive to repair.

We do frequently use nearby conservation areas and parks where the maintenance is a bit questionable.

He found the installation pretty straightforward. There was room on the electrical panel for the wiring. He put the control box in the bottom of the sink unit and ran the cable for the display up the side of the slide.

So we have our modest little 211-S TrailLite with the hardwired EMS, macerator pump, backup camera. Oh, and he still has to install the trip computer. No inverter, however.

Regards, Kelly

agiletiger
Explorer
Explorer
Hey BBB,

Loved your pix of the changes you made.

I have a Class C and had converted the dinette to crate space when I needed 3 crates. On the dinette, I had placed plywood and used eyebolts and bungees to secure crates...

Now need crates for just 2 goldens, was thinking of stacking 2 behind passenger seat (a euro recliner lives there now)- so that I can use the dinette.

How do you have your crates secured?

PS Herschel's a handsome fella!

Carrie

birdbybird
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe b/c my unit is so small I didn't even consider central wired, etc. , but I do have a GOOD one $$$ that I faithfully connect to the posts at campgrounds. It did save me from connecting to an unsafe electric box....but then it was only an over night and that whole campground was an experience...... I spoke to a RV repair/remodeler about an inverter and he pointed out that I already had one set up for a TV and again given my small size and limited electric need that I could probably get by with one off the shelf to run the computer and the odd electrical stuff that I didn't want to bother the generator for. He did offer to put one in for me but said he didn't think it was worth the cost.......I told him I would try it his way and be back if it didn't work out. :=)
Christine

22ft BT Gulfstream MH
Chev 350 engine
and the four furry companions:Herschel, Stuart, Blondie and Remi

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
I know this has been covered elsewhere, but what do the bretheren and sisteren think about inverters and surge protectors(the expensive centrally wired kind)?
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Now that I think of it, I have mini blinds in the kitchen and bath...wonder if...?
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
kellymisty - So glad you posted pictures. That was my plan to eventually replace the carpet with laminate wood flooring. Your pictures show how nice it can look. Also like your window shade replacements, the mini-blinds tend to swing and make noise if not raised 100% or pinned at the bottom.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

kellymisty
Explorer
Explorer
New Kitchen Flooring

After an unfortunate bacon grease incident, we decided to replace the kitchen area flooring in our TrailLite 211S. Used the Trafficmaster Allure often recommended on these forums. Took just one box of the planks. We just cut the carpet out and, as a result, did not have a lot of staples to deal with, mainly along the back door.

Staples:

We found matching vinyl-covered trim at Home Depot. Here it is finished:

Also replaced the vinyl mini-blinds with home-made roman shades (I know, passe!) made of a lined faux-suede material. Maybe a little less privacy, but nsulating, and light-blocking. Velcroed the blinds to the 1x2 header for easy removal.

Blind open, dinette side:

Blind closed, sofa side:

Regards to all,
Kelly

jeanniewes
Explorer
Explorer
lol... I guess peanut and Herschel would have a very difficult time sleeping on my bed with me. It is barely big enough for me but also large enough for Ellie and Betty=boop. Even then sometimes Ellie is punching me in the ribs with her feet...lol IF I were very skinny she would probably kick me out of the bed...lol

I must get off the puter now... I have so many things too do today...

THANKS for the 'chatts' ...I really DID ENJOY THEM...