Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
burlmart wrote:
Except for the satellite TV and 33k mi, this rig could be ours

I'd love to know what they sold it for, but don't know e-bayese
The above 2005 Trail Lite Model 213 sold on eBay for $27,850. There were 12 bids. Here is the link to Item 140504930467. When something is sold on eBay, it is either a good deal or not so good.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜ž
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
They sure seem worth more than that, but that is what I had thought it could be.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

Orion_42
Explorer II
Explorer II
He's was asking $27,500 for what looks like a cherry unit. Couldn't find it on eBay though so it may already be gone or was never put on.
----------------------
2001 Trail Lite B+ 211

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Except for the satellite TV and 33k mi, this rig could be ours

I'd love to know what they sold it for, but don't know e-bayese

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
burlmart - I have a similar 2 solenoid enclosure as your unit, but I really have no idea which one does what. I do know I have no 12 volt in my coach if I place the coach battery in "stor" mode. That is true whether the van engine is running or not. I also cannot charge the coach battery with the engine unless I put the coach battery in the "use" mode.

A couple years ago, the coach battery was almost totally discharged when I picked up the RV from storage. Plugged the RV into shore power at home, turned on the fridge on 120V. Forgot to put the coach battery in "use" mode. I was thinking shore power was charging the coach battery. Left home for a trip and after about 3 hours noticed that the fridge light was flashing. I then realized the coach battery was not connected. The coach battery was dead. Used jumper cables from the engine battery to the coach battery and placed the coach battery in "use" mode. Started the engine and all was well. About 4 more hours of driving charged up the coach battery.
Gene

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Guys, can any of you look at this thread and perhaps see if your TL does the sane thing as mine, which is in essence to leave the engine batt iso solenoid on all the time>

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Burl, sorry I didn't see your post. I have the rubber roof, but I'm not sure if it's Dicor or not.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are sitting in our stick house living room watching a snow storm dump about a foot on our lawn. Schools are closed and the snow blowers are getting exercise. The RV is snug as a bug in a totally enclosed building. Will be visiting the RV later this week to start the generator, plug in a 1,500 watt electric heater, pause the heater for some popcorn popping, then watch TV until the hour has passed. ๐Ÿ™‚
Gene

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
While I'm here, how's everyone doing? Haven't moved the rv since August...feeling very guilty.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Cheeze

What kind of roof is on your 213? Do you put Dicor?

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Same to everyone else!!!
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Folks, I need to put a little caulk (9 inches total) on the roof/cap joint. Anyone know for sure what type roof I have on my 213. As I understand, there are two 'rubber roof' types. I need to know if I must buy a whole tube of Dicor or not (I would be wasting most of the tube).

Also, I have another thread with this, if you have any ideas "is the emergency start solenoid employed when letting the engine
alternator charge both batteries (requires that the coach battery isolator be toggled ON/USE,) or is it the house batt isolator solenoid the one involved."

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Right back at'cha!

gkreutzer
Explorer
Explorer
Wishing all my B+ buddies a Merry Christmas and a Happy RV New Year!

Gary
2003 Trail-Lite 211 B-Plus LE
Chev. 6.0L Vortex

It's more than a motorhome,
It's a car I can go to the bathroom in.
โ€“ Homer Simpson

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reno3 - Nice to hear from you. It has been a while. I often wonder what has happened to regular posters to this topic. I guess we ran out of new material.

We too have enjoyed our Trail Lite 211 S - no significant problems to date. Matter of fact have not done any fixes for the last 3 years.
Gene