cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

banks system for 1995 ford motorhome

rojohot
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering if anybody that has a banks exhaust system could tell me what gas milage they get after installing the system. I have a 1995 gas 460 ci engine

thanks
DENIS
5 REPLIES 5

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Banks is a solid add-on for the 460

Banks Trans-Command for the E4OD or 4R100 is even more important. It reduces the heavy-load failure rate of these transmissions. It is sorta a "tow-haul" idea.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

BigBlockTank
Explorer
Explorer
I just did my 2003 Flair, that I bought a few months ago. I have the headers and the crossover installed. I don't have the exhaust or the cold air kit installed as of today.

My baseline to test against is a hill right where I pull out from storage and come home with the motorhome. My initial test, before any upgrades, was about 42-43 mph at the top of the hill. Now with just the "torque tubes" ( headers) installed, I went 45-46 mph at the same spot.

Miles per gallon, no idea. I would say, well worth the money to install it, but I did mine, myself.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

I did the Banks system at the factory when my RV was about a year old. 97 Bounder. I don't know if the mileage changed much, but was towing a Manx dune buggy and went to a heavier Honda CRV, so mileage should have gone down, but did not.

The Trans Command was really worth it. The shifting was terrible before, and would downshift at the smallest hill or change in throttle position. Now it is much better, and many times I would lock out overdrive as I got close to a mountain so that I would not shift under mostly full throttle.

The E4OD transmission was great in trucks, but I don't know how well they would last in a motorhome for 90,000+ miles. I only have about 45,000 miles on mine.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, I have the full Banks Power Pack on my 95 Bounder F53,460.
Installed it with about 40,000 mile on the clock. That was 90,000 miles ago. It really runs strong, with NO CHANGE in fuel mileage. Nothing cost affective about it. But it's a ton of fun! There is NOTHING cost effective about RVing. It's all about the fun. Now get out there and have some fun, burning lots of fuel. GRIN
If you elect to modify your exhaust, do add a shift kit to that E4OD tranny. Banks has one for about $250, or I can show you how to firm up those shift point for $4.00 worth of Radio Shack resistors.
Home Brew Shift Kit.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
No change, more performance,power. Also did transmission which was a better upgrade. Mine is a 99 V10.