cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery disconnect

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
I just added water to my house batteries. I alway keep the mh plugged into shore power. Climate control, fridge, etc stays on. I have never used the battery disconnect in the battery compartment. With the mh staying plugged into shore power, should I enable the battery disconnect or leave it in the on position? Also, I noticed that the chassis batteries do no really have fill caps. There are six recessed hex head stubs on top so I am not really sure if they are "fillable" or not. They are Exide batteries. Comments welcome on the disconnect switch.
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart
1 REPLY 1

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Only time I've ever turned mine off is when working on the battery cables... cleaning or adding more batteries.
My engine batteries are original(10 years old) and every couple of years I add water to them. Even though they say maintenance free, under the hard plastic top there are two strips with three caps like on most batteries. Not sure about your hex heads but I'd see if they will turn although they are new enough that I doubt they will need any water... yet.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...