cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Diesel Prices in US before entering Canada

tmmar
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls and was wondering where I would find the best prices on diesel fuel before entering Canada. I hear that fuel prices in Canada are high and would like to fill up on the US side.
Thanks.
2014 40' Forest River Berkshire DP Bunkhouse
9 REPLIES 9

weasel4
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget the Imperial Gallon has more volume than the US Gallon.
BTC

03_RoadKing
Explorer
Explorer
wny_pat wrote:
03 RoadKing wrote:
I was in Niagara Falls last week, I didn't see and Diesel under $4.00

$3.74 and $3.75 at the rez stations I posted above that are right out side of Niagara Falls, NY. And $3.57 at the rez station, west of Buffalo, just off the thruway (I-90) at exit 58, Silver Creek near the county line, at the Seneca One Stop which is owned by the Seneca Nation of Indians.

I sure missed those prices. The one's I saw were the on the thruway and they seems to be a bit higher.
Jim and Deb
The Furchildren Abby and Baylee
USAF Retired
2001 Newmar Mountain Aire

michelb
Explorer
Explorer
Between NY State diesel prices and Ontario diesel prices there might not be that much difference. Looks like you might pay around $4.10 (non-reservation) in NY and you might pay $1.16CND/L so roughly maybe $4.25-$4.35US/gal depending on your exchage rate.

In Canada (not sure about in the US), you might find some reservations with very low prices (under $0.90CND/L (under $3.40US/gal) but some of them have dyed diesel.

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
03 RoadKing wrote:

$3.74 and $3.75 at the rez stations I posted above that are right out side of Niagara Falls, NY. And $3.57 at the rez station, west of Buffalo, just off the thruway (I-90) at exit 58, Silver Creek near the county line, at the Seneca One Stop which is owned by the Seneca Nation of Indians.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

03_RoadKing
Explorer
Explorer
Jim and Deb
The Furchildren Abby and Baylee
USAF Retired
2001 Newmar Mountain Aire

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
On the Indian Reservation just north east of Niagara Falls you will find several Native American tax free gas stations that run about 20 cents a gallon cheaper than the off rez stations. I don't know if they accept credit cards.

Randy's Smoke Shop
1325 Upper Mountain Rd near Callan Dr
Lewiston, NY

Smokin Joes
2293 Saunders Settlement Rd near Chew Rd
Sanford, NY

You can find maps and phone numbers on Gas Buddy, Just look under Buffalo, NY and make sure you click diesel.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Even if you don't have a smartphone, there is a GasBuddy site on the web that will be an occasional eye-opener (~.40/gal).

If you have the time, look up the duty free store where you plan to cross into Canada, may have fuel stops with good prices.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

tandkj
Explorer
Explorer
http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx
Works for diesel also just enter the zip.
Tis another fine day to serve in and for the glory of the Corps. Every day is a holiday and every meal a feast.
08 Camelot Custom build
07 Ranger Toad
One Golden Retriever at the Rainbow Bridge and a new one traveling with us.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have a smart phone, download gas buddy. It answers all your questions for free.