cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

BF Goodrich ST230

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
It's time to replace the tires on the motorhome. This time I considering BF Goodrich ST230.

I would appreciate feedback and comments regarding the ST230's.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and to add your comments.

Bill
6 REPLIES 6

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Jim wrote:
I replaced my OEM Good Years, which I had no issue with, with the BF ST 230s. I have no problems with these after a couple of thousand miles. They seem to ride a little better.

Thanks for the input Happy Jim. I plan to get the tires next week. Originally I was going to use Hankook like I have on the motorhome now. Tire dealer ordered the Hankooks and when they arrived they have a 2016 manufacturer date. So tire dealer said he can give me BF Goodrich for the same price. Six 225 x 70 19.5 tires for $1980 out the door total price.

Happy_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my OEM Good Years, which I had no issue with, with the BF ST 230s. I have no problems with these after a couple of thousand miles. They seem to ride a little better.
Travel Safe - Enjoy
Happy Jim
1999 Holiday Rambler Vacationer
2006 Chevy HHR Toad

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to each of you for taking the time to share your experience with BF Goodrich ST230 tires. I've decided to go ahead and purchase 6 tires for the motorhome next week. The tire dealer said all tires have a fresh production date and the entire job, out the door, at $1980.

Thanks again.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We traded original Toyos for BFG ST230's load range H and were very happy with them. They are owned by Michelin but much cheaper. They were recommended by a tire guy in TX that worked on Prevost and he knew his stuff. We put lots of miles on them and were close to time to replace and they had some cracking but the new tire guy said they would be good for another year. DH had heart surgery and I didn't want to risk tire trouble so we bit the bullet. We decided to go with Michelin this time because they have a softer ride than the ST230's and DH thought the extra price was worth the improved ride - me, not so much. LOL We bought the Michelins through the FMCA program. They might also do the BFG's. Worth a check.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

stvdman
Explorer
Explorer
I had them, replaced the original Goodyear RV specific tires. Went with a 225 on a 19.5" rim in Load Range G (cant remember the aspect ratio, 75 I think). Was VERY happy with them. Added in a liquid balancer at install as well. Total price for 6 was just right around $1800 with tax.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
ST230 posts
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman