cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Calling all Road Warrior owners - RWS, RWT, RWM

smitty2
Explorer
Explorer
Owners of Road Warrior Super C's have been posting on other threads and a few have mentioned it would be nice to have a place where owners of these units could post with other Road Warrior owners. Well - this is a start.

I'm Bob Smith. My wife, Debra, and I own a 2009 RWS3400 sitting on the usual C5500 chassis with the Duramax LMM and Alison Transmission. We hale from Billerica, MA. We purchased our unit from it's original owners in AZ back in September of 2010. After searching for this exact unit for a while, we got lucky and found a pristine rig from a family who took great care of it. They just didn't use it as much as they would have liked to and still had a TT they could use to go camping. So their decision to sell was great for us. With only 6000 miles on the clock and the like new condition, it was a great day for us to get this Warrior after months of research.

We've had a few minor issues, nothing that I couldn't handle, that made it a shame to think that attention to detail just wasn't a priority during the build. So, thats something we can all help each other out with. The minor wiring issues I've dealt with were all a matter of plugs being put into the wrong jacks (audio/video). Some simple additions to make the audio system more practical for MP3 or portable Sat radio use are items I can share with you. When i get the rig back in the spring I'll take some photos of the added jack for aux input on the house radio.

I say when we get it back because we currently have it resting at a center to have the interior seating redone. Out with the U shaped seating and in with the traditional drop down table with benches. It'll be more convenient for us as we have 4 kids and making that table another sleeping area will help. Also out with the J sofa and in with a Jackknife. Again, ease of use and larger sleeping area the concern there.

We also talked about adding an electrical outlet at the table. There's always a need to plug in a laptop or charges while sitting there.

There are more things we're looking at doing but the list is too long and we're not sure if it'll be cost prohibitive. So we'll wait a bit to mention them.

So - who are ya - where are ya - what have you found with your unit that may be an issue.

I know most are probably located more to the west. But let's see.
Bob & Debra, et al

2012 Jayco Seneca 36FK
YA I KNOW - I'M A TRAITOR
409 REPLIES 409

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
The water tanks are visible in the front sections of your compartments on both sides. If yours is like mine, you have two water tanks, and a grey water and black water tanks visible in the rear of the water fill and sewer dump compartment.

CoeyCoey
Explorer
Explorer
Can you tell me where the tanks are located? Grey and black under and is the fresh water inside?

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot I also put silver foil bubble wrap insulation around all my tanks and piping on top of the heat tape. And foam insulation on water lines.

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
I have camped in mine year round. The coach is surrounded with 2โ€ thick foam board which I think is an r-10 value. I also put heat tape on all my piping and tanks. No problem yet. I have to keep the shades drawn because the windows are not double pane. The worst part is trying to find somewhere to dump the sewage tank, as most places close their dump stations water in winter. So I canโ€™t flush except with the grey water washout after dumping the sewage.

CoeyCoey
Explorer
Explorer
How is the insulation on these RV's? Can they be lived in all year round without issue, or would it need some work?

RZRHog
Explorer
Explorer
So Far had them for a little over 3 years and so far so good. Have been to the dunes a dozen or so times and and about 6 mo at an RV Park here in AZ where the jacks were down all the time. Had to re-level every now and again but I think it was more from settling into the ground than anything with the jacks.

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
That's the system (HEH) that is highly recommend. Are you satisfied with the system ? Thanks!

RZRHog
Explorer
Explorer
No Problem. It is an HWH system and we did all of them. The receipt shows a little over $5,700 but like I said the service agreement picked up the tab. Let me know if there is anything else.

ronfisherman
Equalizer Systems makes some kits if you want to do the install yourself.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Az Peoria, that helps me move forward, did you do all your jacks, were they costly,also would you happen to know the model or name of the jacks that worked for you

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

RZRHog
Explorer
Explorer
We had to replace the jacks after they got stuck twice and wouldn't retract. Fortunately they were covered under the service contract and the RV shop was able to convert to hydraulic for the same cost. You could check a salvage yard and see if you can pick up replacement jack or a used set of hydraulic a bit cheaper. Sorry I am not of more assistance, Good Luck.

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I had nothing but problems with them.
I replaced the rubber on the sides of the slide out that was easy, I took it in for the rubber under the slide out. I believe they removed the slide out for better access.

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone replaced the rubber seals around the slide outs yet? Was it hard to do? Any info appreciated.

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
Never had an issue with my jacks thank god. Sorry to hear about yours. Please let us know how it turns out. I always hold my breath every time I use them to the extreme extension.